Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
605 Posts
If you are good with a set of micrometers and such, You can get some "cerro-safe" and do a casting of the chamber. Or you can do it the easy way and take it to a good gunsmith and tell them to do aa chamber casting. In some of the custom rifles of long ago they would bore the rifles to diffrent calibers than that was on the barrel. The good smiths would stamp the correct one on there. Ill so some research for you in my library and see what I can come up with. I have not heard of a 6mm scott though. Ill search and see what I can come up with.

· Registered
605 Posts
I have found that there was a benchrest caliber called the 6mm scott, it is now discontuned. I am trying to see if I can get a blueprint of the round for you. It might have another name as well, but I can not find any information in any of my books on it. I will continue looking for it.

Just do me a favor and if you take it somewhere let me know so I can stop researching this for you.

· Registered
605 Posts
OK I have found nothing! In all my books or anywhere on the net. I even sent a inqurery to Brownells, Dillonpress, and rcbs. They all told me that they have no information on this round.

Take it to a local gunsmith and have them do a chamber casting of it. Then ask them to blueprint what they have found. If at all possable send me, please!, that blueprint so I can put that in with my others. I have never been stumped like this, and I dont like it. I now would like to reclame some of my pride. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.