Help FNP 45 tactical

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by lilnoug, May 22, 2013.

1. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

Hello all hoping to get some advice. My FNP tactical has two plates to install a red dot for a handgun. Each plate comes with a different size screw. Respectively #5 screw and #6 is what the manual states. I'm suppose to torque the #5 to 15 in pounds and the #6 screw to 20 in pounds. Hoedown you tell which screw is which?

2. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

I meant how do you tell which screw is which?

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

post some pictures of what you are refering to. show the screws.

sounds like maybe #5 screw might be smaller than #6 due to it having to use less torque.

4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

There are toque head screws and screw drivers, they are sized in simple singular numeric nomenclature, such as numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc... perhaps this is the reference point you need?

5. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

image-3161239013.jpg

Attached are two screws. I am using the smaller one to the left. So would this be the number 5 screw? And the larger one the #6? Thanks all

6. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

Sorry using the smaller one on the right. Larger screw is on the left.

7. Transman

Transman New Member

I installed a Doctor red dot on mine,just snugged um up real good,no torque wrench,and they been just fine for several years now.

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

IMO, the longer one would require more torque.

As it would go in deeper, there is more thread area to torque with.

9. kodiak

kodiak Member

Edit: I see you are mounting a Burris optic.

If it helps, I used the large screws and corresponding mounting plate to mount a Trijicon RMR to my FNX TAC.

I would put the optic on the plate you plan on using and see which screws are the best fit (appropriate amount of thread out the bottom).

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013