Help finding compact handgun

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Marti, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Marti

Marti New Member

I need some feedback. I own a Glockb19 but hate how it feeels on my hands. Im looking for a compact to replace it with. I'm intrested in a SAR B6P and a Grand Power K100 Mk7. any inout in these? and other suggestions?

2. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum !

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The Grand Powers are not getting stellar reports of quality or reliability.

4. Marti

Marti New Member

I've read alot of SAR B6P compact reviews and see nothing but good things

5. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Are you really looking for something smaller, or just better ergonomics? What will be it's main use or uses? Are you tied to any one caliber, or is that choice flexible? How much experience with handguns do you have? Any handgun you've particularly enjoyed shooting in the past?

Need more info to make a meaningful suggestion.

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

I agree. Go to a gunstore, pick up a lot of different guns, see what feels the best, see if you can rent the couple that feel the best. Buy the one you shoot the best.

(For what its worth, I'm partial to the M&P line).

7. Leesa

Leesa New Member

Love my S&W Bodyguard 380...lightweight and fits my hand real nice.

8. Leesa

Leesa New Member

I also have the Shield...too big and heavy to CC.

9. Marti

Marti New Member

I have a few years experianxe with handguns...but the grip on my Glock was roufg on my hands. I'vw tested the SAR B6P compact and I loved it but I wanna tet other guns firsr. I can shoot 9mm .40S&W and. 45. Im looking into alit of CZ 75 xlines

10. indy36

indy36 New Member

Might I suggest the Steyr series pistols? Try the S9-A1 and the C9-A1. The grip feels way better than the Glock. The trigger is awesome, again, way better than the Glock. (And yes, I can say this, I own both).
    image-293884247.jpg
    image-3611693641.jpg

11. bbertram

bbertram New Member

My sister has a CZ RAMI that she likes a lot. I prefer the Beretta Nano myself, but I understand why she likes the CZ.

12. Marti

Marti New Member

The trigger guard really turns me off to those guns

13. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Take a few minutes to check out a Para Ordnance Warthog (Model WHX1045R). .45 acp, 10+1 capacity, SA, 6.5" oal, 4.75" height, recoil no big deal. Conceals easily, provides good protection. Plus it's ugly and nasty looking for good intimidation. Kinda pricey, around $1100, but well worth it.
    BTW, I think Para Ordnance has moved from Canada to Charlotte, N. Carolina, and is now Para USA. Check out their web site.

14. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

The SAR, I've not heard much... good or bad. The grand power, well theres a thread around here titled :Grand Power - Kill yourself. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/k100-grand-power-kill-yourself-96870/
    While by no means the be all, end all on the brand, it does raise some questions.
    Since you are seeking a compact, I will assume that you intend to conceal it at some point. That being the case, I suggest you avoid obscure brands, just for the simple reason that finding holsters and other accessories could become a pain.
    I have a Springfield Armory XD40SC (Sub Compact) You might want to take a look at the 9 mm version (the .40 is a bit of a handful for less experienced shooters and I find it work to shoot well.) There are a number of other Compact pistols in the XD & XDm family as well.
    S&W has several models (M&P series) worth a look as well.
    I would add that the CZ suggestion was a good one, a number of good, reasonably priced options. I've been very intrigued by the P07 Duty.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  15. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

My brother has a Kimber Ultra II. He bought it used for $750. The Kimber has night sights that are usable. I can pocket carry the Kimber. My brother isn't comfortable with pocket carry. He carries the Kimber OWB or in a belly band. His belly band is very nice. He bought an orthopedic back brace. He took the back brace to a leather shop to have a holster sewn on it. He can wear the back brace under or over his shirt, you can't see the gun. The belly band holster looks like a phone pouch.

16. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

If your only concern with the Glock is the roughness of the grip, maybe you should give a Hogue grip sleeve a shot. If you're like the rest of us and just want a new gun, try to find a range with rentals.

17. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

This would be my advice also.

18. Marti

Marti New Member

I dont like how thevGlock feels, the lack of a saftey, and te two trigger pull

19. AR10

AR10 New Member

I dated my wife of 30 years twice. First time I got hung up on incidentals of no real consequences and we broke up. Two years later, I thought back to the best gal I ever met, and asked her out again. She was engaged to someone else, and broke up with him, because she also wanted me back.

You say their are issues you do not like about Glocks. They have a couple of grip finishes over the models, and gen 4 has adjustable backstrap sizes.

You can add a great safety, I use them, called A trigger block. Most folks hate them. Lol. So what, tens of thousands of us do like them, and use them to increase the safety of a Glock pistol.

No other handgun has the track record of dependability over army's, police departments, and government agencies. Freeze it in a block of mud, toss it off a three story roof, pull it behind a truck on a log chain on a gravel road for miles, they still shoot.

I would find a Glock shooters class and sign up. You already have the perfect gun, you just need to realize that.

My second best relationship of over twenty years, Glock.

O, and my first Glock is not pissed off, if I bring home other Glocks. In fact, they all sleep together, and invite me to come play with them. Can't beat a deal like that!

ForumRunner_20131023_090826.jpg