Help choosing a carbine

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by mannyk29, Feb 29, 2012.

1. mannyk29

mannyk29 New Member

Hey everyone, I'm in need of some major help. I need a carbine, shortest overall length, as little recoil as possible and lots of rails for accessories. Guns I've looked at just to give you an idea are the PS90, CX4 storm, FS2000, HK USC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It will be for home defense and target shooting. And I live in NY

2. priell3

priell3 New Member

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

As little recoil as possible? Get a 22.

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

AR15 with a Battle Comp.

5. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Get a bullpup...or better yet, a Marlin Camp 9 & a Muzzlelite Bullpup kit.

Of course, being in NY, you're screwed from getting the really good stuff...like a Calico Liberty III :)

hopefully y'all will be able to vote out some Dems in November and get some gun laws cancelled :D

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

what about an Auto Ordinance M1 carbine? short, minimal recoil and very cool looking!

7. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

How effective is that round?

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

lot less than most centerfire calibers and maybe a little more than some pistol calibers. at 1900-2000 fps MV and 800-900 ft. lbs. ME, i would think that with the right loads it could be used effectively as a SD round. i would be fun to shoot at the range and could be used for hunting game at close distances.

9. nfafan

nfafan New Member

10. jismail

jismail Member

I have a Ruger PC9 police carbine. They are no longer made, but still easy enough to find used. They are indestructible and very reliable, and shoot 9mm or .40 depending on the version. For what you are asking for, this would be a good choice.

11. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Yup, get a Hi-Point Carbine in either .40 or .45. Can't beat the reliability, cost and warranty.

12. mannyk29

mannyk29 New Member

Wow lots of great ideas!!!! Thanks guys