Help, Canebrake...

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by fupuk, Feb 5, 2013.

1. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Ive tried looking for your post I seen about the best 1911 magazines. Im getting my first 1911 soon and wanted to start getting a few magazines added to my pile before I purchased it. But I can not recall the brands you had posted about. Looking at either a Sr1911 or Springfield TRP or a Colt.

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

you can look up his threads via his profile page ... click his username ... select threads ... viola ... start digging, he does some excellent write ups ;)

3. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Ive been looking on my phone with no luck. Plus I only get like 10 minutes at a time to look because im at work. I will have to do more digging when I get home from work in a couple hours.

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I beleive the mags Cane highly recommends are Tripp Cobra II Mags ... I know he has a write-up here somewhere for them :)

5. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I remember reading it about a year ago but like I said I couldnt find the thread on my phone ar work. Thanks for the help.

6. fupuk

fupuk New Member

A little bit of google work and I believe I found it. CMC mags? The web site looked familiar, but I dont know for sure.

7. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

9. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Thanks everyone for the help.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

check the stickies Canebrake has written. IIRC there is one he wrote on 1911 magazines as well. Cane usually recommends the Tripp Research mags.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I believe I linked him.

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

sorry......:eek:

goes back and hangs his head in shame!

13. patyancey

patyancey New Member

yep, after reading canebreaks write up.. I also drank the punch.. Tripp simply makes the best 1911 mag on earth.. that I have used..

14. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Nice to know, my wifes cousin just got a Sig 1911 yesterday and im jealous as hell and cant wait to get mine.

Attached Files:

15. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

They're addicting! I just got the first one I have owned in years on Monday, metro arms commander. I am already thinking about getting it's big brother (full size).

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

17. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Yep I found it thank you. I actually just got my 1911 yesterday. And its lovley so far, havent shot it but I did just get done cleaning and lubed it. A quick question for you I was looking online and they were talking about gun grease. What are the perks of that compared to gun oil on a 1911? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

18. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I dont know why my phone keeps putting pics upside down.

19. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Sweet, I too am in the market for extra 1911 mags.. I have 1 Kimber and 1 Wilson Combat that have run great so far. These seem to be priced right in between these two.
    I've herd from friends that Wilson mags are the way to go but if I understand you correctly your saying these are just as good or better?
    BTW, as a new 1911 owner I've found your write ups informative and very helpful. Ty for sharing your knowledge sir!