Firearms Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive tried looking for your post I seen about the best 1911 magazines. Im getting my first 1911 soon and wanted to start getting a few magazines added to my pile before I purchased it. But I can not recall the brands you had posted about. Looking at either a Sr1911 or Springfield TRP or a Colt.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Ive tried looking for your post I seen about the best 1911 magazines. Im getting my first 1911 soon and wanted to start getting a few magazines added to my pile before I purchased it. But I can not recall the brands you had posted about. Looking at either a Sr1911 or Springfield TRP or a Colt.
you can look up his threads via his profile page ... click his username ... select threads ... viola ... start digging, he does some excellent write ups ;)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been looking on my phone with no luck. Plus I only get like 10 minutes at a time to look because im at work. I will have to do more digging when I get home from work in a couple hours.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I beleive the mags Cane highly recommends are Tripp Cobra II Mags ... I know he has a write-up here somewhere for them :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember reading it about a year ago but like I said I couldnt find the thread on my phone ar work. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A little bit of google work and I believe I found it. CMC mags? The web site looked familiar, but I dont know for sure.

·
Banned
0 Posts
check the stickies Canebrake has written. IIRC there is one he wrote on 1911 magazines as well. Cane usually recommends the Tripp Research mags.

·
Administrator
34,451 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
yep, after reading canebreaks write up.. I also drank the punch.. Tripp simply makes the best 1911 mag on earth.. that I have used..

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep, after reading canebreaks write up.. I also drank the punch.. Tripp simply makes the best 1911 mag on earth.. that I have used..
Nice to know, my wifes cousin just got a Sig 1911 yesterday and im jealous as hell and cant wait to get mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
Nice to know, my wifes cousin just got a Sig 1911 yesterday and im jealous as hell and cant wait to get mine.
They're addicting! I just got the first one I have owned in years on Monday, metro arms commander. I am already thinking about getting it's big brother (full size).

·
Registered
21,822 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry I missed this thread.

Hope you found the info.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/ruger-sr1911-69886/#post898730

Like the above post said;

Tripp Research Inc. 1911 Magazines Call Aaron @ Tripp (877.837.9445) and order one. (Tell him canebrake said hi.) Run the Cobra mag and if for any reason you find it less than flawless, I'll buy it from you including shipping to you and to me! My money is on you ordering more Cobra Mags. Yes, they are that good!
Yep I found it thank you. I actually just got my 1911 yesterday. And its lovley so far, havent shot it but I did just get done cleaning and lubed it. A quick question for you I was looking online and they were talking about gun grease. What are the perks of that compared to gun oil on a 1911? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
canebrake said:
Sorry I missed this thread.

Hope you found the info.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/ruger-sr1911-69886/#post898730

Like the above post said;

Tripp Research Inc. 1911 Magazines Call Aaron @ Tripp (877.837.9445) and order one. (Tell him canebrake said hi.) Run the Cobra mag and if for any reason you find it less than flawless, I'll buy it from you including shipping to you and to me! My money is on you ordering more Cobra Mags. Yes, they are that good!
Sweet, I too am in the market for extra 1911 mags.. I have 1 Kimber and 1 Wilson Combat that have run great so far. These seem to be priced right in between these two.
I've herd from friends that Wilson mags are the way to go but if I understand you correctly your saying these are just as good or better?
BTW, as a new 1911 owner I've found your write ups informative and very helpful. Ty for sharing your knowledge sir!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts