Help backyard motion sensor alarm/trip wire setup

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DodgerBlue, Aug 13, 2011.

1. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Living on a black hole of a golf course sometimes my mind runs away from me with "what was that" and stuff like that. Only because our neighborhood seems to be target of low lives taking anything that's left outside. I want to make it where they wont even bother with my house.

Looking to make some kind of poor man's perimeter using maybe motion sensors on a stick maybe?? Looking for guidance on this and some good tips.

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Anything low to the ground they will steal or brake....A LOUD-AS BARKING DOG recording would scare the sh!t out of them......or a SHOT-GUN being cocked would also do the trick.......:D

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Lots of options available. Look into motion sensitive flood lighting of all interior spaces, double that up with IR relays to trigger the light from an outer perimeter in any direction people should not be coming from at night. For close it an audible alarm if the inner perimeter is breached. I havé also seen relays that will trigger a sprinkler system to deter deer and other critters, might work against casual vandals or teens that use the golf course as a party place.

4. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

That's what I'm looking for!! When you can come down and help me lay this out?

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Go to the home improvement center and wire some lights together. And with some mods, you can make it into a noise maker instead of a light "turn'er-on-er"

6. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Try some Paintball stuff like pressure mines. That should make them Crap themselves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For all your needs. There may be other places also. Have fun.

7. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

OMG!! I never they had such cool s*** like this!! Awesome

8. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

Well, I was in the same boat and thought I had found the solution. I went out and bought a pair of those driveway motion chimes that have a range of about 100 yds. Installed them in strategic locations for advanced warning. Works great if you're in an urban setting. At night I have the deer, coyotes, opossum and raccoons setting them off. During the day it's sometimes the birds. But like I mentioned, if you live in an urban neighborhood it might be the ticket. They're not very expensive. You can put some masking tape on them to reduce the sensitivity. Good luck.

9. rifleman1

rifleman1 Active Member

i use those window alarms you can buy at wal mart i run a trip wire when they come apart they squeal pretty loud and its not easy to put them back together if you do not kow where they are its cheap and effective,it also allows for heighth adjustment so is not to be set off by animals.

10. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

Idea

can you load your own paintballs? in them painball mines?

I was thinking of the masking scent used when trapping
    Bobcat scent is real strong and dont come out with 1-2 washings
    Skunk or beaver musk laden paintballs not only would mark them with paint they'd stink too.

A game trail camera, if you buy the more expensive ones that'd activated by body heat take a nite time infared picture, the older ones have a std digital camera with Flash.(there prone to getting beat up once they figure its a camera)