Firearms Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Winchester XPR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been looking around on the internet for a new set of hunting clothing.

I need something for 50 to 95 degree as pants and a sweater or pullover ( mid layer)
and a jacket for the 40 degree and bellow in combination with a base layer when it gets under 30 degree.

So in mind I had the Browning wicked wing, dirty bird and wasatch in and i prefer MAX-5 camo.

So that is what I was looking at:

Camouflage Military camouflage Dress shirt Sleeve Collar

No I do not hunt ducks I hunt mainly deer, wild boar and rabbits but the terrain there mainly in november, december and january looks like this so I think it catch up + I like this camo allot. Some pics of how our terrain looks like at months I've stated above.

Plant Snow Plant community Sky Natural landscape

Plant Tree Grass People in nature Garden tool

Plant Natural landscape Wood Land lot Twig

Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Tree

Now my problem Is that the terrain in june till september when i hunt deer looks totally different from the pictures above. Its green green green..

Plant Sky Marines Tree Military camouflage

Plant Sky Cloud Plant community Tree

Sky Plant Plant community Military camouflage Tire

So that is my problem yeah,, max-5 does not match at all for the deer season ... Now I've got some green hunting clothing but I would like to totally change it to browning so do you guys know for a camo that would fit here.. If anyone has any exp with browning what jackets are good and mid layer for winter and for the above stated temperatures or any sets let me know .. I wanted to go with sitka but the rough terrain here would rip it apart after the first hunting ;(

·
Premium Member
7,374 Posts
As for pants in this specific temp range I would recommend the Obsidian. For all weather I like their Corrugate Guide pants a bit more plus they're $25 cheaper. If temps drop you'll want the uncompahgre puffy, truthfully I don't own this last set but I've heard its great layered over lighter pants
Brown Footwear Jeans Trousers Outerwear

·
Registered
Winchester XPR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found this

As roe deer have excellent smell and hearing, the use of a scent blocker could potentially be useful. Their eyesight is less fine, and they have trouble seeing details. This means that camouflaged clothing is optional, it is rather more important that you do not break the silhouette against your background. To reiterate, rather than looking like a tree, its best if you can be close to a tree as you will melt into the general shape from the point of view of a deer buck. This means that covering your hands and face with gloves and some type of item of clothing can be beneficial as the naked hand or face can alert the deer more easily to your movements.
So I guess my marpat uniform will be good for the summer then and buck hunting. I would still love to get a set at least for the winter season then when i am hunting wild boar.. Money is not the problem and I would give 400$ for pants, jacket and a sweater from Browning ..

·
Administrator
1,485 Posts
@preciousmine - Welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information on the site): So yer new here, huh?

Also, you replied to a thread that hasn't seen a post in nearly 21 months. ;)

Reactions: 9mil
1 - 8 of 8 Posts