Helluva Time

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by fapprez, Aug 24, 2011.

1. fapprez

fapprez New Member

My mom and 12yo little brother came to visit for a week this summer. Every time he visits, I pull a couple guns out and we take 'em to the range and put $100 worth of ammo through some paper sillouettes. Sometimes it's pistols or revolvers, sometimes it's rifles, sometimes it's both. This time it was the M44.

He did pretty well with the 30/30 last time and I told him we'd shoot the mosin on the next trip.........Maybe that's why they hurried back? He shot 20 rounds from the bench and then fired standing up. He had to because I did. lol

I will post a link to some videos in a bit.

LOVE those trips to the range with my kid brother.

After the range I took him to a local outfitters where he got to hold a "Real Live" PS90. The world could have stopped turning right then and all would have been right in his mind. He tried to talk me into buying it , but I thought the wife would frown on the $1500 price tag or I would have.

Yep, the joys of a gun nut kid brother.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

fapprez,

From us old gun nuts here on the FTF! :D Thank you for taking time to spend with your brother. You are developing memories that he and you will never forget as well as valuable time he is spending with his big brother. The other thing that is happening, is you are assisting in the preservation of the thing most of us love most. The Shooting Sport and our Second Amendment Rights. If we do not nurture the young in the sport and teach them the enjoyment that comes from it we in time will loose the sport and possibly our rights. Their vote will certainly count in the future more than ever!

3. fapprez

fapprez New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL165oIAnDg]gun1.avi - YouTube[/ame]

4. fapprez

fapprez New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI_2Uv7oB3A]gun2.avi - YouTube[/ame]

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That was awesome! Next time have him shoot with the bayonet extended just for grins. :D

My big brother was my hero. He was always there for me. He passed away at the age of fifty one, now almost twenty years ago and I still miss him.

You're doing a good thing Brother.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Good stuff fapprez! Your brother will remember that for life.

He handles that stick well beyond his 12 years. Kudos to both of you. ;)

7. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

I'd certainly call that a helluva time. You're a good big brother.

I bet he's going to be proudly sporting a nice bruise on the first day of school. "This is what I did on summer vacation":D

8. fapprez

fapprez New Member

His poor shoulder looked like burger. I tried to take some picks, but they didnt show the full extent. I also took them before the color set in....maybe thats why. He loved it. He walked around here all week with his sleeve rolled up.

He does pretty good. He's not a big kid, either, as you can tell, maybe 90 lbs. I've been taking him shooting for years and his dad takes him to the pistol range sometimes, as well, so he's got some experience behind him. He listens real well and doesn't only take instruction, he asks for it. Now....if I could only get him to teach me how to shoot a bow.