Hells freezing over......

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by willshoum, Dec 21, 2012.

1. willshoum

willshoum New Member

It's that time of year, its just too dang cold but to hunker down, so whats your favorite comfort food..... Mey, I'm happy with a sack of salty oysters and a gallon of high octane Bloody Mary's......Then after that, a big bowl of beef and vegatable soup with lots of turnips and sweet taters......What say yee all.......;)

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Home made chicken soup. Chicken and Dumplings. Chili. Home made Mac 'n' Cheese. My recliner with a dog or two on my lap.

3. downsouth

downsouth New Member

The last foyr weekends I've got my big pot out (big) and cooked a big batch of, Chicken Noodle soup, Chili, Spagetti, and put four or five gallon baggies in the freezer. This weekend will be Chili Verde. Kroger has whole pork lion on sale for 2.29 a pound..

4. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Left overs......

I'm on a liquid diet for the last two days of chicken soup. Oh and don't forget the liquid protien........Next stop, wild game chili, extra spicey......:eek::D

5. willshoum

willshoum New Member

You gotta go boston butt........Pork makes the world go round.....

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

And what, may I ask, are you using for "liquid protein"? :eek:

7. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I have in the past. These days I try to stay with lean meat and the loin is a great deal at that price. A butt would cost almost that. I do put boston butts on the weber for slow hickory smoking. By the time they are done most of the fat has been rendered out yet still moist.

8. willshoum

willshoum New Member

lol cuogh, lol cough, beer thru the nose, cough lol......I'm not an alchoholic, thems the ones that go to the meetings......I belong to the others club, Hunters, fishermen and other liars.......;)

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Crock pot time.

Chili? Of course! I like to use cube steak that has been diced, along with my own peppers and sweet onions from the garden, and my own blend of chili powders (cumin, garlic powder, chili roja, chili pequino, chili passilla). I DO put beans in chili. Sometimes just pintos- sometimes pintos, dk red kidney, and black beans.

Best with hot cornbread and a cold beer.

But a pot roast in the crockpot is also pretty comforting- with taters, carrots, onions, plenty gravy. THAT goes with yeast rolls that rise sitting next to the crockpot.

10. willshoum

willshoum New Member

I'm hurting already........;)

11. orangello

orangello New Member

Went by Mom's and got some mini pecan pies (fillo dough cups for the crust) and her homemade fudge candy. I don't much like the ambrosia candy.

May go out for Texmex and tequila tonight (marguerita chasers).

Ever tried using flour tortillas cut into squares for dumplings? It's close, of course i don't eat yard bird.

12. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I'm coming to youse guys' houses for dinner. Damn yummy!

Attached Files:

13. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Chit, what do you do wit da worm...???????........Are you a vagitarian.....Me thinks your a homosapien.......:eek: lol......;) Grannys tonic goes a long ways......;)

14. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Time for some crockpot chili, and some kind of stew. Maybe some garlic bread goin too.

15. willshoum

willshoum New Member

500# buzzard on four legs.........What the hell if it looks good, eat it.......:eek::D

16. tri70

tri70 New Member

Get out the crock pot for stew or potato soup. Thaw out some deer meat for grilling! :D

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

It got really cold last night.

All the way down into the high 50s...