Helloooooo

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by swc64844, Aug 12, 2011.

1. swc64844

swc64844 New Member

Hey still new here want to start a new project. Been dying to build a 308 AR. Still up in air on what to use. Lowers , something milled out of solid stock not forged,A2 upper, about 20 barrel heavy but threaded on end, collapsible stock, free float barrel. But I'll take any idea's you got. i have tried to read as much as i can but just not finding info here. I have done some .223 ar's and i really like the hydraulic buffers and was thinking about one for this build too.

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Welcome to the FTF, I'll be watching your posts of your build with keen interest!

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome. I too, am considering a .308 AR. I may use the CMMG lower as it takes the HK magazines that I already have dozens of. THe DPMS upper works with this lower, but needs a smal amount of modification to allow for the wider magazine of the HK.
    I think you will be unhappy w/the balance of a 20" barrel and a collabsible stock. IMHO, they just look wrong like that.

4. swc64844

swc64844 New Member

Nothing set in stone yet. Do not want anything forged but just milled from soild stock.

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy your stay with us :)!