Firearms Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
414 Posts
Well, at least it aint Chelsea Clinton! LOL!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina Ms. Bush...LMAO @ Ram Rod!!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
well hello

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Most likely a SpamBot gentlemen. Google the name and you will see that name has registered in just about every forum on the planet recently. S/he is either a pre-programmed Spammer, or someone who is really, REALLY, REALLY lonely....

JD

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Most likely a SpamBot gentlemen. Google the name and you will see that name has registered in just about every forum on the planet recently. S/he is either a pre-programmed Spammer, or someone who is really, REALLY, REALLY lonely....

JD
Yeah, there were no other users listed under the IP, so I Googled the screen name and was quite impressed with how many forums there were able to sign up for last night.

Aamybush, we don't really want metal detectors, so don't bother.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Yeah, there were no other users listed under the IP, so I Googled the screen name and was quite impressed with how many forums there were able to sign up for last night.

Aamybush, we don't really want metal detectors, so don't bother.
Upon your suggestion I did Google the name and s/he is registered EVERYWHERE... LOL

·
Registered
962 Posts
so do you guys as mods google everyone or just certain people and how do you guy figure out who to check out

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
so do you guys as mods google everyone or just certain people and how do you guy figure out who to check out
The mods have more information than the average user, there are Spam profiles that are pretty common. Plus, in this case, one of the mods is a member on another board when this user showed up there with almost the same post.

We don't need to check up on anyone - they generally do it to themselves without too much hassle... LOL

·
Registered
962 Posts
interesting, do the mods go by same name or diferent alliases, that way if im on another forum id be able to reconizem, ive been waiting to run into someone from this board that i know on one of the others im part of

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Don't know - you would have to ask them. I only belong to this forum. I lurk in some others, but I am not a member. Too much work. :D

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
The first thing I do when I see an oddball screen name is check the IP to see if there have been other spammer log on from that IP. Surprisingly, this shows if they're a spambot or human spammer about 3/4 of the time. If that shows nothing, I'll check things out on Google or Whois or something similar.

You can't really see spam, but if you could, you'd understand what I'm saying about the names.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
interesting, do the mods go by same name or diferent alliases, that way if im on another forum id be able to reconizem, ive been waiting to run into someone from this board that i know on one of the others im part of
If you went over to Jeep Forum, you'd probably be able to pick me out. My screen name over there is just a little different. If that wasn't a give away, my sense of humor would probably give it to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts