Firearms Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to take a moment to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Robert but I go by Baldio and will respond to either one that's easier for you to type. I am from NC and have lived here my entire life with exception to my years in the Marine Corps. I grew up with and around firearms of all types and it has always been to mine and my family's benefit rather than the liability some people would make them out to be. After doing a bit of research I recently purchased an ArmaLite AR-10 chambered for 7.62 NATO. I figured I'd better bite the bullet and get one now rather than take a chance on not being able to in the near future. I will, however, refrain from jumping up on my soapbox about that in this introduction thread lol. I swear it seems like the older I get the more patience I have for youngins and the less I have for the adults. I use the term "adult" very loosely mind you. I have never been one to use a lot of accessories on a weapon but I do want to do a few things to my AR-10. I have read enough to know that the AR-10 is fairly particular as to what will and will not work on them. I am hoping to tap in to the experience of the folks here to save a few headaches and maybe even a few $'s setting this thing up. Who knows, I may even make a new friend or be able to help someone else along the way. I'm gonna leave it at that for now, my lady has some freshly baked, homemade, peanut butter cookies & an ice cold glass of milk in front of me. You won't catch me turning my nose up to that lol. I'm looking forward to chatting with and getting to know ya'll...

·
Registered
223 Posts
BALDIO said:
I just wanted to take a moment to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Robert but I go by Baldio and will respond to either one that's easier for you to type. I am from NC and have lived here my entire life with exception to my years in the Marine Corps. I grew up with and around firearms of all types and it has always been to mine and my family's benefit rather than the liability some people would make them out to be. After doing a bit of research I recently purchased an ArmaLite AR-10 chambered for 7.62 NATO. I figured I'd better bite the bullet and get one now rather than take a chance on not being able to in the near future. I will, however, refrain from jumping up on my soapbox about that in this introduction thread lol. I swear it seems like the older I get the more patience I have for youngins and the less I have for the adults. I use the term "adult" very loosely mind you. I have never been one to use a lot of accessories on a weapon but I do want to do a few things to my AR-10. I have read enough to know that the AR-10 is fairly particular as to what will and will not work on them. I am hoping to tap in to the experience of the folks here to save a few headaches and maybe even a few $'s setting this thing up. Who knows, I may even make a new friend or be able to help someone else along the way. I'm gonna leave it at that for now, my lady has some freshly baked, homemade, peanut butter cookies & an ice cold glass of milk in front of me. You won't catch me turning my nose up to that lol. I'm looking forward to chatting with and getting to know ya'll...
Welcome friend!! An good choice with the 7.62 NATO. Iam in the process of building a 300 black in a ar15 platform. Only problem is cant find a lower receiver anywhere for a reasonable price!!

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Alot of AR knowledgable folks here. Thanks for your service sir. Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Glad you found us. A lot of very good and knowledgeable people here. I don't have much knowledge but I make up for that with opinions. :D I live in Georgia but have a little place just north of Franklin, NC. Very nice country. Enjoy yourself.

·
Premium Member
S&W 637-2, M&P sheild 9mm
12,424 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here from Oregon and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts

to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts