Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Register today. I joined the FAT forum because I’m a first time gun owner
and want to be more knowledgeable about guns.
I’m very excited for I bought a K98 Mauser two weeks ago. I’m sure this forum can provide me with much information to be a responsible gun owner.
Thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
Howdy from KY.welcome!

Reactions: chaswea

·
Banned
16,157 Posts
welcome aboard to the forum! :)

and like my esteemed fellow member Mr. Locutus said, and i agree, and if someone doesn't know the answer, someone will be along to make up an answer! :p:D:eek::confused:

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Welcome aboard from Central Virginia! Ditto on locutus and Dallas. The Kar98K is a fine weapon and, depending on the caliber, can have a pretty good kick.

If you don't already have one, get a manual for it and read it. One is available on-line here:
http://www.mauser.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/German_K98_Manual.pdf

For safety, never consider it "unloaded" unless the bolt is back and you've done a visual inspection of the chamber and ammo well to ensure they are empty.

Use good quality ammo.

Use the safety when handling - right up until it is time to pull the trigger.

Keep in mind what is beyond whatever you are shooting at - for quite some distance...

Never aim it at anyone...it is not a toy.

If while shooting there is some noise but quieter than other shots, stop shooting: you may have a "squib" (the bullet did not exit the barrel).

Probably a bunch other things, but these are good starting points.

·
Premium Member
S&W 637-2, M&P sheild 9mm
12,457 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. There is lots of good discussions to find from the oast: use the search function.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Howdy from E. TX.
lotsa good, knowledgeable folks here. enjoy yourself and soak it all in Brother.
See ya round the fire.

·
Banned
13,224 Posts
Greetings from Florida.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Welcome from Iowa! You'll find lots of great people and good information in this cyber community.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts