Firearms Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I have been behind the scenes soaking up all the information, so I decided to officially join to hopefully help where I can. A few words about myself would be born and raised in MS. The job moved me to MI where I have a house, but I am currently in Germany completing a 3 year assignment. I grew up in the Boy Scouts and end the woods. My Uncle taught me to shoot and have enjoyed it all my life. Some of my favorite memories as a young boy are with a Red Rider in my hand. I was brought to this forum, because I recently caught the AR15 bug after shooting a friends. I loved how it shot, the balance, and the fun. I have been using this forum to educate myself before I take the plunge. Thanks for all the information so far as well as the information in the future.

Sincerely,

KLR

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
welcome to FTF, the greatest place on the web. Make yourself at home, Jump in and enjoy :)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Welcome to FTF.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Greetings and Salutations from Baltimore, MD!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome from Georgia

Welcome and glad you found us. Be careful with that AR15 thing. It can be habit forming. I have 7 in the vault. lol. I was stationed in Germany for 8 months way back in 1970. I was stationed on a small bomb dump near Ramstein AFB. It was called Sembach but I think it was closed. Mostly stored nukes and they shipped them out and set me to England.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

·
Premium Member
5,503 Posts
Welcome. I work for Siemens so I have spent my time in Germany. Great people. A little draconian in the firearms laws, as a lot of the Germans that come here like to go shooting. I would have loved a three or four year assignement to Ehlangen, but they don't send us more seasoned associates. Oh well. I don't need anyone to babysit my guns.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Dear All,

I have been behind the scenes soaking up all the information, so I decided to officially join to hopefully help where I can. A few words about myself would be born and raised in MS. The job moved me to MI where I have a house, but I am currently in Germany completing a 3 year assignment. I grew up in the Boy Scouts and end the woods. My Uncle taught me to shoot and have enjoyed it all my life. Some of my favorite memories as a young boy are with a Red Rider in my hand. I was brought to this forum, because I recently caught the AR15 bug after shooting a friends. I loved how it shot, the balance, and the fun. I have been using this forum to educate myself before I take the plunge. Thanks for all the information so far as well as the information in the future.

Sincerely,

KLR

What part of Germany are you in? I was in Crailshelm (between Stuggart & Nuremberg) in 1965. Then immediately deployed to Viet Nam by LBJ who was running short on troops. So, in essence, Germany was a good place to borrow. Great country by the way as far as mountains and landscapes go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live in the state of Lower Saxony in between Osnabrueck and Bremen in a small town. The area is great and a great place to raise a young family. One of the major drawbacks is not having my guns. As with many things, you miss what you can't have. I do try to play catch-up when back in the States visiting family.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts