Firearms Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello There, Ive discovered this site by accident and it looks like a great place to hear from experienced firearms users across the pond so as to speak. Im 40 years old, married and a serving Police officer on a firearms team here.Before that i served in the military for 14 years.I hope to enjoy the site and pick up a lot of useful tips from you all.
Cheers Jingo

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Welcome aboard! :D

We have a few other members from the UK, always glad to get different perspectives from as many different places as possible.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
Hello Bobby

Welcome to the forum. You likely will not get to handle many of the firearms we take for granted. Sucks to be in GB. Come to the Colonies and shoot with us!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Jingo, great to have you with us. Where in the UK do you live? I visited London, Harwich, Portsmouth, Dartmouth, Ireland and Scotland last year and met a few police officers, who made me feel very welcome. You have been doing a great job in the war on terror. Good show! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pioneer,
Hi mate sorry for the late reply been working too hard as normal. I live right in the middle bit Worcestershire. Its gods country pretty rural with enough cities to keep us busy!
You should have a look if you come over again, you can discover cider.Believe me its better than warm beer.
We dont get to choose the weapons or ammunition we work with but having used a variety in my time im happy with what i carry. For the record thats a Glock17 duty carry, a H and K MP5A3 as routine and for those slightly longer range jobs a Sig 551 Swat.
Cheers Jingo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum. You likely will not get to handle many of the firearms we take for granted. Sucks to be in GB. Come to the Colonies and shoot with us!
Your not wrong we only get to use what we get given for work we have no choice in that and only get to shoot on designated training days which you can probably guess is never enough. Still at least i get to shoot some of the time!! Id love to come and shoot in the USA may even try it soon.
Take care
Jingo

·
Banned
441 Posts
I did the same job as you some years ago (Cheshire) if you ever fancy a jaunt a little closer we are in Brittany. The range is quiet and a good bunch of blokes.....................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts