Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I'm new to the forums but not to firearms. I live in California for the time being, and I'm having a hell of a time figuring out if there's a LEO exemption for the AR15 here.

What prompted me to look for a firearms community is frankly because I'm afraid of what may happen to our gun rights in the next 4 - 8 years.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

digitalH2O

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the Forum - Too bad about living in occupied Terror-Tory. My best wishes for a speedy, and problem free, extract in your near future...

JD

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Greetings,

I'm new to the forums but not to firearms. I live in California for the time being, and I'm having a hell of a time figuring out if there's a LEO exemption for the AR15 here.

What prompted me to look for a firearms community is frankly because I'm afraid of what may happen to our gun rights in the next 4 - 8 years.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

digitalH2O
There is, you just need a letter on department letterhead stating that you are cleared to posses the 'required' weaponry.

·
Registered
353 Posts
welcome , and I feel for you .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I've already found a lot of great information while checking out this site. I work for the DoD so thankfully, my Left Coast affliction is curable. Just pray for my recovery ;)

·
Registered
909 Posts
welcome!
if you want to learn you've come to the right place
lots of nice knowledgeable people who will show you the way
:D

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I've already found a lot of great information while checking out this site. I work for the DoD so thankfully, my Left Coast affliction is curable. Just pray for my recovery ;)
As a DoD cop, you should have zero problems purchasing anything you want in Cali, including Class III goodies.

Call the local PD or SO and ask who they recommend to purchase from in the area. I know the local guys here use one shop almost exclusively. Ask them what they require of you to purchase what you want, then supply them with it.

I know, Cali's gun laws sound scary, but they really don't apply to LE personnel.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Welcome digitalH2O glad to have you aboard.

You are welcome to move to the "gunshine state" of FL anytime! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts