Firearms Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Dave and retired early enough to enjoy it. I am a Navy veteran (73-90) with one year broken service from 80 to 81. I then embarked on a career as an instructor for six years at a community college, and a marine electronics service engineer.

My loves are God, country, redheads in miniskirts, and my shootin' irons. I am living on my 100% VA disability rating, so I have to adhere to a strict budget. Being divorced with all my kids grown, I carved a little niche in the prarie. I have never lived here before and have no family ties here so it does get a bit lonely living in a small town that does not like strangers.

The good part of it is there are three places to go and shoot within twenty minutes driving time.

My latest interest is in the 762x54R round and the rifles that shoot it. I think this round is going to be the next 3006 in avalability and popularity. It is accurate, cheap to buy in bulk, and quite powerful. My favorite is a Romanian FPK, or DSL or ROMAK 3....call it what you want.

I love a respectful lively discussion and will never resort to name calling just because you disagree with me. I think that is childish.

When it is all said and done I still find myself peering down the sights of my late model Garand.

Dave

·
Banned
6,964 Posts
Welcome, Dave. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the forum bluesteel - I think you will find this a great place to share ideas and won't find too many people who are childish enough to resort to name calling. We have a great group of guys here that are more than willing to share information and opinion.

On a personal note, thank you for your service to this fine country of ours!

JD

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here from another Vet. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all and God bless you all.

Thank all of you gentlemen. I think I finally have found a place to while away the lonely hours on this cold hearted prarie town. There is usually nine months of winter here and I look forward to being a good friend to each and every one of you. Thank you again......:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am Dave and retired early enough to enjoy it. I am a Navy veteran (73-90) with one year broken service from 80 to 81. I then embarked on a career as an instructor for six years at a community college, and a marine electronics service engineer.

My loves are God, country, redheads in miniskirts, and my shootin' irons. I am living on my 100% VA disability rating, so I have to adhere to a strict budget. Being divorced with all my kids grown, I carved a little niche in the prarie. I have never lived here before and have no family ties here so it does get a bit lonely living in a small town that does not like strangers.

The good part of it is there are three places to go and shoot within twenty minutes driving time.

My latest interest is in the 762x54R round and the rifles that shoot it. I think this round is going to be the next 3006 in avalability and popularity. It is accurate, cheap to buy in bulk, and quite powerful. My favorite is a Romanian FPK, or DSL or ROMAK 3....call it what you want.

I love a respectful lively discussion and will never resort to name calling just because you disagree with me. I think that is childish.

When it is all said and done I still find myself peering down the sights of my late model Garand.

Dave
Where in Nebraska are you Dave? I have a ton of Family in and around Guide Rock, which is south of Hastings..

-Peter

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Welcome! I've read some of your posts in the past and am impressed by your calm and polite demeanor. I wish I was more like you! I'm more of a hothead when it comes to thinly veiled insults - always been my problem, but I'm working on it!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I just bought a Romak-3. I wanted another rifle in the 7.62X54R cal. but in the semi-auto platform. I have the M-44 and 91/30 Mosin Nagant's. The Romak-3 should arrive in a few days. I can't wait.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome from Venezuela

Welcome and glad to have you around!:D

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Join the NRA FREE!! (Yep, FREE)

NRA - Join the NRA - Bonus Offer << Click Here

Already a member? Sign up your wife, kids, neighbors......

Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
welcome to the FTF, hope you enjoy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts