Firearms Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Kevin and I live in East Texas, just north of Beaumont. Some of my hobbies include spending time with my family, bar-b-q'ing, hiking, camping, fishing and hunting.

One thing that I must admit, I am kinda embarrassed about my bar-b-q pit - its kinda small. The cooking surface is only about 6 feet 9 inches long and 29 inches across and the smoker only has 2 - 24 inch trays. :( I am thinking of building a bigger pit, but I would need to buy a bigger trailer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You're right, that pit is a bit on the small side for someone from Texas. You probably need one that's at leats twoce that size to keep up with your neighbors.

·
Banned
414 Posts

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Okay, you are officially the grill master for the first ever Firearmstalk dot com Bar-B-Que & Sport Shoot, which is going to have to take place in Texas at this point. Fully half the board, plus the Admin, are from Texas.

Welcome to the Boards....

JD

·
Registered
909 Posts
welcome to the forum
care to share some of that meat?
:D

·
Premium Member
2,920 Posts
Howdy Kev,

Mark here from Bedford TX. That pit will do nicely!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Howdy Kev,

Mark here from Bedford TX. That pit will do nicely!
Thank you.

Hummm, Mark F. That is my brothers name, even to the last initial. :) My grandson turns 1 yar old today. We are going all out - brisket, ribs, deer sausage, boudain, corn on the cobb....... I'll be posting some pictures later.

One site I was a member of, when I threw a bar-b-q, I would start a new thread. The moderators got mad at me. :( I think they were just jealous of my small pit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice pit! and welcome to the forum.

BTW im kinda around the collage station aria (within 50 miles)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts