Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the firearms world, and look forward to the wealth of information you all have to provide. I am in the process of purchasing a .45 caliber pistol from a friend, which I just recently discovered to be a "Kongsberg Colt Model 1914" thanks to "c3shooter", after a long string of unsuccessful google search results prior to my identification request on this forum.

I currently live in Florida, and will be working towards my concealed carry permit. Thanks in again for those that helped me with the identification of my handgun, and I look forward to besoming a part of this community.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Welcome Delan...saw your thread on the Kongsberg...some people have all the luck!!!

Good luck with the new purchase, make sure to give us a range report, would love to see how she shoots...:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Vincent, I will be sure to do just that once I take her to the range. Do you have any recommendations for a good ammunition brand?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
For practice ammo the usual suspects are always good...

Federal, Winchester, Blazer...

You may have a hard time just finding ammo lately but if you look hard enough, you'll find it...

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here from Oregon.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Good to meet you!

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am currently living in Bartow, FL. It's a small town in central Florida, with a bit of a old world charm to it.
edited. duplicate post.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am currently living in Bartow, FL. It's a small town in central Florida, with a bit of a old world charm to it.
Welcome from North Florida.
I've been thru your town on State Road 60 many times, back when I lived in South Florida. Nice place.

·
Supporting Member
2,130 Posts
Why my goodness, you just down the road a bit from us all here in South Carolina.

WELCOME.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts