Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and been lurking for a while. I really like this forum and hope I can stay and learn a lot here. I'm 75 years old and just started hunting again after being away from it for years. My grandson's hunting has peaked my interest, as I'm hunting with him. I've been around for a long time and can honestly say, I've seen and heard a lot. I think anyone should know the true facts about any subject before they voice strong opinions about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. A fact is a fact, that is, it is factual and true. Just because someone makes a statement, whether on TV, on the internet, or in a book or printed material, doesn't make it true. It is commonplace in this day and age for lies and untruths to be spread through out all the different media. The reason for this is that a lot of people want things to go their way, and they know if something is repeated enough, a lot of people will believe it has to be true and go along with their way of thinking.

I always check the facts and eventually find the truth about any matter before I form an opinion about it. I will be my own person and not be duped by polititions, news media, or any organization. I am a free American and a free thinker. I believe in America and our system of government and of justice.

Our system is not perfect, but it is the best there is. If any changes need to be made, it must be done legally and through the system. Non violent protests and pressure on the political system can prevail.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Listen up jerelee, bashing the media and politicians here is going to, going to, well, probably earn some respect! Most of your generation thought that way, but people free thinking has gone to the wayside.

Anyways, welcome to the forum. I'm looking foward to sharing info and ideas.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Yes well said and welcome to the forum. I'm sure cane will be happy to see you, he actually has a peer now :D

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF Mr. Jerelee. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have in the short time I've been here Sir. I'm 65 and was taught to respect my elders. Lol.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts