Firearms Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just stopped in from a link from my Jeep forum. I have a kid in competitive shooting and have been a hunter,shooting, outdoor enthusiast my whole life. I'm a IBEW LU 280 member and a supporter of the Democratic party (Sorry if that pisses anyone off). I believe whole heartedly in the 2nd amendment and both my wife and I have CHL's. I came to this forum to learn more about politics and gun control. What's strange in my environment is 80% of the people I work with are Democrats and probably 80% of them are outdoorsmen and firearms enthusiasts. In the short time I've spent on this forum already I've seen commun ist/social ist comparisons to Democrats.WTF? I'm sure I'll be enlightened to various views, maybe even hated in here. We'll see. Anyways, hello fellow enthusiast's I look forward to being a part of this forum.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Well many of the members of this site have been affected by democratic legislators (as well as republican just not as often) anti-gun legislations. I've never been one to generalize so broadly as to bash an entire group, and I know that many democrats are also gun enthusiasts but in these times with assault weapons bans being proposed and Hillary Clinton running for president democrat bashing is bound to occur among gun enthusiasts, collectors, hunters, and CHL holders.

Welcome, and we are always glad to gain other perspectives so It doesn't bother me one bit that you are a democrat. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Politics are interesting to say the least. I'm Democrat because they support organized/unionized labor. I can understand a firearms dealer being anti-Democrat because of the same basic principal in reverse , the Democrats hurting their bussinesses. This discussion belongs in the politics forum though. So again ,hello everyone, I hope I can be of some value to this forum.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I won't touch the democrat thing... :) but thing I don't really want to touch the republican thing either!

What type of Jeep ya got? I can definetly agree on Jeeps!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2003 Rubicon. Supercharged, long armed, and on 35's. You should check out Jeepforum.com. My screen name is Reelm n Rubi. My family have been Jeep nuts for years. I have a diesel Liberty also, and my kid drives a Cherokee. Nice to meet you, Jeep on!!

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I'm under the same name on JF. It appears as though everyone in this thread made their way from JF :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts