Firearms Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the forums as a non-member for a while now, so I thought I would join and be all official. I grew up shooting .22 rifles and the occasional shotgun, but until probably January of this year I hadn't shot anything in a few years. I found out that one of my coworkers is actually CCW instructor, so I signed up for a class and bought myself a Glock 30. I took the class, got my license, and try to get to the range as often as time and money permit.... .45 rounds aren't exactly cheap... I maybe should have thought that through a little better, but, I digress. I am contemplating getting myself a 9mm semi-auto, so I'm reading a lot of reviews on the various Glock 9mms, and also I'm interesting the S&W M&P line. I also plan on getting a 12 guage pump for a HD setup. I look forward to reading and learning as much as I can on this site.

·
Registered
127 Posts
YogiBear_727 said:
I've been reading the forums as a non-member for a while now, so I thought I would join and be all official. I grew up shooting .22 rifles and the occasional shotgun, but until probably January of this year I hadn't shot anything in a few years. I found out that one of my coworkers is actually CCW instructor, so I signed up for a class and bought myself a Glock 30. I took the class, got my license, and try to get to the range as often as time and money permit.... .45 rounds aren't exactly cheap... I maybe should have thought that through a little better, but, I digress. I am contemplating getting myself a 9mm semi-auto, so I'm reading a lot of reviews on the various Glock 9mms, and also I'm interesting the S&W M&P line. I also plan on getting a 12 guage pump for a HD setup. I look forward to reading and learning as much as I can on this site.
Hi Yogi,
Welcome to the forums. If you have a glock I would suggest the glock 19. It is small enough to carry and big enough to still have range time. My friend has the M&P 9 with the competition kit and she loves it. I personally am a glock kind of guy.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys :) I appreciate the info and the suggestions. I'm currently trying to save up to get a 9mm, so I have some time yet to decide. I really like the way the S&W M&P 9mm feels in my hand, and the trigger seems really, really nice, so I'm kinda sorta leaning that way for now. I will keep doing research before I spend any more money.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to FTF!

And yes, research is key! Don't make any purchases before first doing some research (or at the very least asking one of the very knowledgeable individuals on here).

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts