Firearms Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I've been a silent observer as a nonpaying member for about a year now. I know free - loading ( gobment made me do it). I feel like I know most of you already from your post's I will be a supporting member on Monday.
Now some info on me, I'm a 41 year old former marine, loving father and husband. I grew up with firearms everywhere. From a small town. Trucks with gun racks grand parents cars had shells roll out from under seats every corner they took. I was shooting on the farm as young as 10. I know most long guns ( I'm no expert) but I'm new to pistols in the last 18 months I've bought 5 handguns. There pretty simple to figure out, but forgive me if I ask somthing stupid. I look forward to having some great debates with all of you.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Welcome. A little creepy, stalking that long , jk, what took ya so long?!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just checking things out to see if I wanted to join. There are lots of forums where people just bag on each other. I don't care for that kind of childish crapp. I have good humor so I think ill fit in here.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
wieseman71 said:
Just checking things out to see if I wanted to join. There are lots of forums where people just bag on each other. I don't care for that kind of childish crapp. I have good humor so I think ill fit in here.
Good deal! Welcome home then.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here from Oregon and thank you for your service.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
I served in the Air Force from '67 to '71. What's really scary is that I discharged before you were born. :eek:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CA357 said:
I served in the Air Force from '67 to '71. What's really scary is that I discharged before you were born. :eek:
I thank you for your service good sir. My grand father was a marine fought in the south pacific during ww2 my father was a navy man and both my uncles were in the airforce. I learned to shoot from my uncles on grandparents farm. I truely miss thoes days, huge family holiday dinners. Great times the only tv we watched was a football game otherwise we were outside shooting,trapping, I loved the boy scouts. What has happened to the youth of this country.they can't go 5 seconds with out a screen to look at, tv,computer,phone,iPad etc.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts

to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

·
Supporting Member
13,284 Posts
Wieseman,

Welcome to the FTF from Tennessee. And thank you for your service! There are a lot of vets here on the Forum as well as some great people~

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy. And thank you for your service to our country.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.