Firearms Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, good to be here. Ive checked out many forums on firearms and finally decided to join up!

I have been enjoying my newfound LOVE of shooting and owning firearms now for only about 6 months. At first I was just wanting to buy 2 pistols, and a shotgun to have at home for the protection of me and my family.
It was just one part of many preparations I felt I needed to make in order to not feel helpless with what is going on in the global economy.
What I didnt expect is how much I would absolutely love shooting!! It has become a big part of my life in a short time and I read everything I can get my hands on of the subject.

The sad thing is that I have taken firearms for granted most of my life. I was born and raised in Texas, and have only lived in NJ for the last 3 yrs. We are right across the Hudson from NYC. I love it here, but it is a terrible place to try to enjoy a gun hobby! In TX I never even owned my own gun, they were just always around. I cant tell you how many times Ive opened up a glove box and had to move aside a .38 special to get some papers... here in NJ thats a 10 yr felony!

Anyway, Im working with what I can. Going to indoor ranges here, but miss just being able to go out in the country with ease and safely shoot freely. There is NO possibility of getting a CC license in Jersey either. If I was in TX still, I would definitley exercise this right, which I hope I will have in this state someday.

I own a Glock 19, Taurus PT845, Glock 23, and recently got a Springfield Loaded 1911... and now I know what people mean about the 1911... feels just like a natural extension of my arm! Beauuuuuttifull! I also have a nice Remington tactical 12 guage.

thanks for letting me share,

Brandon

Attachments

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome from Venezuela

Welcome and glad to have you around :D, nice collection there... congrats!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Welcome,
Looks like you own more than the norm for Jersy but will fit in a suit case easy to pack when you move to Texas or any other state that isn't on the east coast.

Lots of good people here, enjoy

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Brandon

I've checked out many forums on firearms and finally decided to join up!

... and now I know what people mean about the 1911... feels just like a natural extension of my arm! Beauuuuuttifull!
You are off to a great start!

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Welcome Brandon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts