Firearms Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I'm an American currently living/working in Israel. Not sure how much longer I'll be here though as it looks like the contract is being canceled early (Stupid economy...) - but my local supervisor here is trying to find a way to keep me so who knows... If I do leave sooner than later then I will most likely head back to Oregon.

Anyway, I have recently come into a bit of extra money and am looking to purchase a gun or 4 :) and am looking for advice and opinions.
It was actually the wife's idea since the teenage boys have grown up and moved out of the house....

I suppose I should post in the appropriate forums to get that advice though. See you there!

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Israel?!?! Holy Crap - That is awesome, perhaps you can lend some serious ON THE GROUND reports about Islam and how warm and cuddly they are...

Very Welcome to the Forum CommandoJoe - Looking forward to your posts with stories from around the country...

JD

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
WELCOME CommandoJoe, Glad to have you aboard!

When you post for suggestions be sure you include purpose, preferred caliber, experience and any other information you can provide. It will help us get to the gun you want.

And I'm sure it will be a

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! I think I covered all the bases in my request for info. My biggest problem is I'm not sure what caliber to get... lol

And as the political situation here, don't get me started - I'm sooo tired of all the anti Israel garbage I see on the net. Talk of genocide against the Palestinians and such. Most of the Israeli's I've met are great people - terrible drivers, but nice people... :)

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Get to Tel Aviv. The party is on Ben Yehuda Street. I have no idea what it's like now, but a great country where the party never stopped.:cool::cool:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome from Venezuela

Welcome and glad to have you around! :D

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Mozzeltof (sp). Welcome, I hope you stick around after you get the answers you seek.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Welcome and keep your freak'n head down. Lots of bad juju going on in that part of the world.

On the firearm's advice deal, you may have opened up a slimy can of worms. Let the confusion begin. Seriously, if you can sift through the advice, many of the people on this forum know their do do and they are always glad to help.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here. Watch your six.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome welcome! don't get hit by any home-made rockets!! Them Hamas guys are pretty whacked out. Hope you find a gun that you like.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Get to Tel Aviv. The party is on Ben Yehuda Street. I have no idea what it's like now, but a great country where the party never stopped.:cool::cool:
Haifa has the real fun! That, and there are no better views of Israel than from the top of the Dan Carmel hotel.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Welcome Com,
Stay safe, the NW needs all the gun fans we can get!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome here, and the great advice in my other thread - I'm always a bit leery when I sign up to a new forum because sometimes the members can be a bit elitist and rude - telling you to search for the answer to your "Noobish" questions, and offering very little help. But I'm glad to say that I have encountered nothing like that here!

Thanks again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts