Firearms Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Own several guns, but not much more than a shooter. I decided to start reloading and found your sight while doing some research. Seems like a good group of people, so I thought I would join.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Welcome to FTF.

·
Registered
572 Posts
what's up!

I am also in the local area. I've always wanted to get into reloading myself but realized that per 1000 rounds, I wouldn't be saving THAT much money, maybe $100? and that's just the cost for materials in the ammo, and does not account for the equipment at all, or the time it would take to clean, prep and actually reload 1000 rounds. Maybe as my kids get older I'll have more time to sit around and press out the ammo

I just traded away a bunch of brass for some .223 ammo that was "factory reloaded"

However, I do like the idea of tailoring custom loads and may still look at reloading sometime down the line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
70cuda383 said:
what's up!

I am also in the local area. I've always wanted to get into reloading myself but realized that per 1000 rounds, I wouldn't be saving THAT much money, maybe $100? and that's just the cost for materials in the ammo, and does not account for the equipment at all, or the time it would take to clean, prep and actually reload 1000 rounds. Maybe as my kids get older I'll have more time to sit around and press out the ammo

I just traded away a bunch of brass for some .223 ammo that was "factory reloaded"

However, I do like the idea of tailoring custom loads and may still look at reloading sometime down the line.
Thanks. Not sure if you know where London is, but that's where I live. Not really getting into it to save money. Just looking for something to do. Buddy gave me a press so I just had to order everything else. We'll see!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Glad you found your way here, from S/W Ohio...

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks. Not sure if you know where London is, but that's where I live. Not really getting into it to save money. Just looking for something to do. Buddy gave me a press so I just had to order everything else. We'll see!
I do! you're about an hour south of me. Funny story about London...

one day I come home to find a package on my front porch from Fed-Ex. looked at it and realized it wasn't my name on the box. looked closer, thought it was my neighbors. Nope, house number isn't anywhere near mine... not even the same street name!

Then I saw the city...it was supposed to be delivered to a house in London! :eek:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts