Firearms Talk banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
That's
Did you know NATO members are to spend 2% of their countries GDP on defense? Trump insisted in 2018 the ones that have not to start doing it. Before you point your finger at certain countries, you best educate yourself a bit.
Our GDP and population is the highest of all members. Plus, we DO LIKE to have bases in a number of these countries. And do have our own bases in many locations.

Here is where they all are estimated to be in 2021. And the UK and France are not on the delinquent list. Nor in the last few years as I went back. Tac is correct, you are not taking care of him.
Deleted.

We'll see if you're big enough to stop following too close to my bumper pal.

Do, stop following so close to my bumper and you know exactly what I mean. Long enough is.....long enough.

I am.....OVER and OUT. Have a nice evening!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
And the UK and France are not on the delinquent list. Nor in the last few years as I went back. Tac is correct, you are not taking care of him.
Yup - 'The U.S. still has the highest overall spending levels of any NATO country with an estimated $811 billion outlay on the cards for 2021 or 3.5 percent of GDP. The UK is set to spend an estimated $73 billion in 2021, or 2.29 percent of its GDP, placing it second.'

So the UK, with ONE-FIFTH of the population of the USA, manages to cough up the SECOND-largest amount of its per capita GDP on Defence. Not a single cent of US tax-payers' money went into the two new aircraft carriers, or the nuclear-powered fleet submarines. The aircraft on board might be US-built, but they are bought and paid for by the British tax-payer, not an American. The RAF's upgraded airlift capacity is based on the Airbus 400m, not the C-17, and the Typhoon MRF is a European joint venture with no US input that hasn't been separately-funded and paid for.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yup - 'The U.S. still has the highest overall spending levels of any NATO country with an estimated $811 billion outlay on the cards for 2021 or 3.5 percent of GDP. The UK is set to spend an estimated $73 billion in 2021, or 2.29 percent of its GDP, placing it second.'

So the UK, with ONE-FIFTH of the population of the USA, manages to cough up the SECOND-largest amount of its per capita GDP on Defence. Not a single cent of US tax-payers' money went into the two new aircraft carriers, or the nuclear-powered fleet submarines. The aircraft on board might be US-built, but they are bought and paid for by the British tax-payer, not an American. The RAF's upgraded airlift capacity is based on the Airbus 400m, not the C-17, and the Typhoon MRF is a European joint venture with no US input that hasn't been separately-funded and paid for.
Everything the UK has is lightly used low mileage equiptment , could say like new plastic still on the seat condition .

·
Premium Member
Glock G42
5,144 Posts

You are 100% correct Tac. Too often the UK gets lumped into the equation on this subject.
I do have to say though, it is Canada that really galls me with NATO. They have few fighter planes left. Mostly obsolete.
Yes, they do rely on us to defend North America. The extremely Liberal government there I do not trust one bit nowadays.
They contribute only 1.39% of their GDP. Disgraceful to me.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Everything the UK has is lightly used low mileage equiptment , could say like new plastic still on the seat condition .
Wow! The Brit-hate is strong here! Did some Brit pee in your Cheerios?

Water Sky Cloud Boat Watercraft

Anyhow, here are two nice shiny new 70,000 ton aircraft carriers bought and paid for by the British people at a cost of around $10 Billion for the pair..

The Royal Navy's four new Trident subs are a bit more expensive at around $50 Billion, even though the missiles are LEASED from the US. At least there are four of them for the RN to replace their current aging Trident boats. The total cost of replacement, including all the fancy stuff like maintenance and so on, will add up to at least $280 Billion

And not a red cent will come out of YOUR pocket, Mr Bucktail.

Now to the solution to you and your inexplicable ire.

Font Brand Graphics Logo Graphic design

·
Registered
300 Posts
Enjoy your spotted dick and tea tac , you know the truth we carry the burden of fighting these wars and other countries contribute very little in money or blood . We have a term here for such it's called freeloaders .

·
Premium Member
S&W 637-2, M&P sheild 9mm
12,487 Posts
In the meantime, the member that created this introductions thread hasn't posted in five days. Just guessing, he's...

1- already frustrated with this site
2- wondering wtf
3- laughing at the members on this site
4- or gone

I may be wrong.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
UK population - 67.22 Million - dead in Afghanistan - 457

US population - 329.5 million - dead in Afghanistan - 2401

Proportionally - that makes 2240 British dead.

Guess that must make you really happy, eh?

Anyhow, I'm here to talk about guns, not bad-mouthing and belittling the best friend that the USA has ever had.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Sorry it took me this long to welcome you to the forum. We need more of the truly persecuted class moving here.I wouldn’t let you run out of ammo or places to hunt.All that for $27
Font Material property Wood Paper Hardwood
Font Material property Wood Paper Hardwood

21 - 32 of 32 Posts