Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Keaton and i live in British Columbia Canada, and I love hunting. I would do sport shooting to, but any sport shooting gun here is basically illegal. Im just joining this form because it's good to hear from other people about certain gun issues. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
S&W 637-2, M&P sheild 9mm
12,468 Posts
Welcome from Ohio, Keaton. I've been fishing in Ontarioa couple times, had a blast. Windsor is a different story, for another time.

·
Supporting Member
13,108 Posts
Keaton

Welcome to the Forum! Glad you joined us. Great People here with a lot of knowledge! I have never been to BC but know it is beautiful country from pictures and TV Shows! My neighbors just drove through BC on their way to Alaska. And came back through last week.
They advised they have a lot of great pictures of BC. I have always wanted to take that Train Ride from Washington State through BC and on to Alaska! Maybe someday!:)
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Hello my name is Keaton and i live in British Columbia Canada, and I love hunting. I would do sport shooting to, but any sport shooting gun here is basically illegal. Im just joining this form because it's good to hear from other people about certain gun issues. Thanks!
Welcome from me, living over here in far-off England, four thousand miles away from home and family in SE Ontario!

In addition to joining us here, you need to join up on canadiangunutz, which is pretty much a kind of Canuckian version of this site. That way you'll find out what goes on, sports and hunting-wise, in your part of Canada. I know dozens of people in Canada who shoot target or game or both, and although it might not be as easy as it is in the lower 48th, it's by no means as difficult as you think it is.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Canadiangunutz , that website is all marked private until you get to the vendors and they have primers and powder , I'm shocked Tac .

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
You need to join, not just join in.

Canada DOES make it's own ammunition, but not on anything like the truly humongous scale of the USA

KODIAK DEFENCE INC
Canada
Type of company:
Manufacturer (own production)
Established in:
Languages:
English
kodiak-defence-inc
Categories
COMPANY PROFILEPRODUCTS LIST
  • Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply
ALBERTA TACTICAL RIFLE SUPPLY
Canada
Type of company:
Manufacturer (own production)
Languages:
English
alberta-tactical-rifle-supply
Categories
Companies like Dominion are long gone, I'm afraid.

Let's admit it, by comparison with the numbers of legal shooters of all kinds in the USA, Canada is pretty small cheese in the scheme of things, and although the proportion of shooters of all kinds is pretty high within the Canadian population, especially the hunting fraternity that you claim does not actually exist, Canada has a VERY small population in toto.

Even if you allow that 20% of the Canadian population of Canada are shooters of one kind or another, there are many states in the USA that have more legal shooters than ALL of Canada.

·
Registered
291 Posts
When did I say this Tac "especially the hunting fraternity that you claim does not actually exist, Canada has a VERY small population in toto."

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Hey, Keaton. Welcome aboard ... from the USA.

Bummer, about the constraints on the keeping and shooting of arms.

·
Premium Member
I hope I never need show anyone....
2,617 Posts
Hello from Northern Ohio

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
I'll shoot to that then drink afterwards when it comes to America first. I'm sick and tired of the US taking care of wealthy countries (like Germany, UK, France, etc.) that won't pay their NATO invoices. Who do you think they will call when the SHTF? NATO isn't going to help them. They are NATO!!!!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I'll shoot to that then drink afterwards when it comes to America first. I'm sick and tired of the US taking care of wealthy countries (like Germany, UK, France, etc.) that won't pay their NATO invoices. Who do you think they will call when the SHTF? NATO isn't going to help them. They are NATO!!!!
Huh? Sir, I can categorially advise you that you don't take care of ME.

·
Premium Member
Glock G42
5,116 Posts
Did you know NATO members are to spend 2% of their countries GDP on defense? Trump insisted in 2018 the ones that have not to start doing it. Before you point your finger at certain countries, you best educate yourself a bit.
Our GDP and population is the highest of all members. Plus, we DO LIKE to have bases in a number of these countries. And do have our own bases in many locations.

Here is where they all are estimated to be in 2021. And the UK and France are not on the delinquent list. Nor in the last few years as I went back. Tac is correct, you are not taking care of him.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts