Hello from Allen, Texas

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Forum' started by lilnoug, Mar 9, 2012.

1. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

2. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

Welcome to the forum. Sorry, not from TX....

3. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

I'm near Red Oak. Welcome to the forum.

4. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

I have a buddy that lives in red oak who wants to go shooting. And nearby ranges you recommend?

5. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Im at Craig ranch in McKinney. Whats up? I normally go to bullet trap or garland public range.

6. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

Sorry. I go to my sister in law's house to shoot. They have 20 acres and we shoot into the dam of a stock tank.

7. donniejoel

donniejoel New Member

Hello lilnoug: I'm not to far from you up here in Celina. As far as your friend in Red Oak I think Gibsons gun range over in Mesquite might be the closest one to him. I used to live in Cedar Hill and shot over there several times.

8. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

Hello donniejoel. Where do you shoot now? Closest outdoor range to me is garland. I personally like elm fork. Any recommendations that I may not know about?

9. donniejoel

donniejoel New Member

I usually go to Garland also. All the others around me have all closed down. There was one near Greenville I used to go to because they had a 300 yard range, but they have also been closed. In the winter when its cold and I just have to shoot I go to Red River shooting range in Sherman. They are a indoor range but its handguns only. They are about to build a state of the art gun club in Frisco. Dont know if it will be anything I can afford but it will be close.

10. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

welcome to the forum.

11. marine04

marine04 New Member

Elm fork in Dallas on Luna just south of royal has a great outdoor range. The shotgun range really impressed me very nice and they are priced pretty good

12. jmac2387

jmac2387 New Member

Get on the Membership list for the DPC (luna and Beltline) Kinda long at the present time but once you get in 365 days a year, sun up to sun down flat rate for the year.

Or NTSA just north of Denton. shotgun, pistol and 200 yard rifle range.

IMHO both much better than a public range such as garland, bullet trap or DFW