Firearms Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm currently in the army and I just got back from afghanastan served on the line as a combat medic for a year. I'm about to move to alaska on sunday. I'm looking at adding qa glock 29 gen 4 to my collection when I get there.
PS: I have never used one of these before so I'm a bit confused about how it works.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
cmbtmedic318 said:
Well I'm currently in the army and I just got back from afghanastan served on the line as a combat medic for a year. I'm about to move to alaska on sunday. I'm looking at adding qa glock 29 gen 4 to my collection when I get there.
PS: I have never used one of these before so I'm a bit confused about how it works.
Welcome from KY! Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Why in the world would you buy a gun you have never used? Shoot one before you buy! The grip is.......ah try one and you'll see. :(

to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
canebrake said:
Why in the world would you buy a gun you have never used? Shoot one before you buy! The grip is.......ah try one and you'll see. :(

to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here
I meant I've never used one of these forum sites but on that note which 29 do u like

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
I meant I've never used one of these forum sites but on that note which 29 do u like
Ya missed my point. We/you should try to get some trigger time on a gun before we commit to the purchase. This school of thought goes to a much higher level if the decision is being made in the search for a PD piece.

First thing I need to say is I am a glock owner, have been for ~20 years. Second thing you need to weigh is I do not like the platform. I base this on my personal experience and my engineering background.

I have said it in ad nauseum, I buy a gun for what it can do for me, NOT what I can do to it. This is aimed at the indestructibly claim propagated on the buying public and elevated to myth status. (Key word: Myth)

This subject is an example of the discussions you can look forward to as a member. But not here in the Introduction section.

Ah but I digress, Welcome again to our community cmbtmedic318 and thank you for your service to our contry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts