Firearms Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 60 year old who purchased a gun for the first time, not out of fear, but I don't like the idea of not being able to purchase a gun if and when I ever wanted to do so (if it comes to that). I am amazed at the fun I am having at the range and learning about guns and shooting. It also doesn't hurt to know if I have to protect my family this is a nice option to have. I'm looking forward to being an accurate, knowledgeable shooter and responsible gun owner. Forums like this will help me achieve that goal.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. I don't know if you heard about it on the news but just in the last week or so up near Atlanta, A lady was home with her 9 year old twins when someone started banging on her door. She called her husband to see if he was expection anyone and he wasn't and told her to take the kids and hide in a small area up stairs. The guy broke in and when he found out people were home started looking for them. She was talking to her husband on the phone and he was calling 911 and they had someone on the way. BTW it took them 11 minutes to get there. The lady and her husband had just been to the range a few days before and he was telling her to stay calm and if the guy found them to shoot. He did and she did. She was shooting a 38 spec. revolver and hit him 5 out of 6 shots. The husband was saying shoot him, shoot him, shoot him again. The husband told the 911 dispatcher that she had shot him..... a lot. The dispatcher asked what was going on and he said he could hear a lot of screaming. The dispatcher said that she understood and that his wife must be really upset. The husband said no.... shes shooting.... hes the one screaming. Gotta love it. If someone else lives in the house they should learn to handle it and shoot it. Take care and welcome.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts