Firearms Talk banner

Do you keep your personal protection firearm locked in a safe or lockbox?

686 views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Mouser 
#1 ·
What up! I just ran across this forum and I love it! I live in TX and guns are as important as preachers here so its no surprise that I have, well, several...I seem to have lost count. It's great to find a community of people who love firearms and shooting as much as I do! This is going to be a great resource for the future.
Also, I ran across this blog today I thought was kind of cool. With all the discussion lately about guns and gun safety, I thought that this is a good resource. It talks all about gun safes, why to use one, and reviews some of the good ones.
One of the biggest reasons most people give for not storing their weapons in a safe is that they want to be ready if they ever need to use their weapon in self-defense. I used to agree, but after seeing some of the new lockboxes and diversion safes they talk about, I have changed my mind. If I can have my loaded firearm in my hand in under 3 seconds, I think a gun safe might be worth looking into.
Check it out: http://thegunsafeauthority.com

#4 ·
Welcome.

While I answered yes (primarily to keep grandkids away), I do have access to one most of the time.

I also think that statistically in my area there is more danger from fire than predators. So i keep most weapons unloaded and ammo in the safe.

#7 ·
Howdy, Howdy, Howdy Do! welcome aboard and glad to have you join us. i'm also a fellow Texan! so an extra warm welcome to another fellow Texan!

no small kids anymore, and no grandkids yet either. me and my youngster's, we gonna have to have a long talk about that. i'm not getting any younger, and i'd like to enjoy their company before i get too old to teach them some shooting skills, the finer things in life and all of my bad habits to annoy their parents!

Reactions: chaswea
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.