Firearms Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all, I'm a new shooter recently moved from Columbus, OH to the DFW area in Texas. My fiance got me into shooting, I've been using her Sig 228 in 9mm for the last 4 months, and I got her a Walther P22 for Christmas. I'm looking at getting myself a new pistol as a moving present to myself once I have gainful employment in this state, prolly a 1911 of some sort...I got to hold (unfortunately not fire) a Sig model and it felt great in my hands

Thanks in advance for putting up with my silly questions =)

-Joel

·
Registered
992 Posts
welcome aboard! Good way to start shooting, its usually the other way around so you dont have to worry about her gaining some interest in it down the road.:cool:

You said the magic number, 1911. Now just say the magic word...Kimber

welcome again

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Rare Faction (Joel) to the forum.

·
Registered
909 Posts
welcome to the forum
you sound like a lucky man
hang on to that one
glad to have you here
:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
^agreed... a gal who is down with shooting has got to have something going for her. all the girls i date think guns are all "ewwy and icky and scary".

-as for the 1911... good luck. there are as many options as there are models of other pistols. it becomes an addiction, my friend... lets just say that when i find a 1911 to fall in love with many-a-meals for me are in constant jeopardy of being replaced with ramen :eek:

-either way, welcome to the forum...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts