heckler & koch usp 9mm fullsize

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by bjames1009, Dec 12, 2011.

1. bjames1009

bjames1009 New Member

Any recommendations for a holster to try out for carrying a usp9? Looking for a list to pick from to find my personal preference.

2. H2oWerker

H2oWerker New Member

There aren't many holster options for H&K usp's. Not like the plethora of holsters available for Glock, S&W, Etc...

What are you looking for? OWB, IWB, or shoulder rig? Leather or Kydex?

I am awaiting a Crossbreed 'Super Tuck' that I recently ordered for my USPc40. Pricey....that is the only complaint I've heard about that brand/model. (the wait gets some gripes too lol) So I'm confident it'll be comfortable and concealable.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

When one purchases a firearm for self defense, the holster options should be looked at first.

Some firearms (like most of H&K) do not have a readily available option for concealed carry.

And limiting yourself to one carry option is like limiting yourself to one pair of shoes.

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I think the holster makers figure after you pay for a H&K gun you can't afford a holster anyway :rolleyes:

5. H2oWerker

H2oWerker New Member

LoL.... "Those H&K guys have such shallow pockets".... Or "they're just looking for a conversation piece and won't carry it"...

There certainly aren't any "budget" holsters for em. But I think they are represented in the catalogs of a few quality makers. Too bad they don't use the name on their websites, google doesn't find them on a simple search, and pounding the web can get tiresome. The next time I'm at Cabela's I'll check what brand shoulder holster they had for the USP.

Of course he hasn't replied as to weather he may want an OWB. There are more options for that.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Heck, just go get some of Uncle Mike's generic holsters.
    Then you have OWB, IWB, Shoulder, Ankle, or anything you want.

It may not be the best choice, may not be comforting, may be hard to draw from, but they work.

7. bjames1009

bjames1009 New Member

I have a fobus kydex holster that's owb. I was thinking of adding an iwb holster as they can be more easily concealed. But then again a fullsize may be tough to conceal in any rig.