Heck ya! pat/cpat

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by deathkricket, May 4, 2011.

1. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

As i have recently separated from the military i have been going through the process of becoming a police officer, after a lot of practice and all i passed the PAT and CPAT test today on the first try! so.... hopefully i will be getting a call soon for a interview, i have waited for this for my whole life and i am very excited! :D

2. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

Outstanding! Please keep us updated with your progress.

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Congrats & best of luck!

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Congratulations and THANK YOU for your years of selfless service!!

Best of luck Sir!!

JD

5. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Good show.

any advice for a non-military person who has hopes of becoming an officer?

It is both mine and my brother's dream job to be a New York State Trooper :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

6. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Im still learning how this woks because i am new to this also but my advice would be contact them and ask them how they test such as the public safety test or other agencies, when you find out go to that website and sign up and make sure you meet the requirements for the department you want. If it works the same for them as it does over here the computer test will be a test to see how much "common sense" you have about situations and a reading level test, for the PT test, run run and run some more, and work abs, chest, shoulders and triceps which ever way suits you best as those are what you use to do a push up and sit up, But like i said i have no idea how it works where you are at so contact your local state patrol office and talk to their HR department.

7. ki4dmh

ki4dmh New Member

Congrats on passing the tests and Best of luck to you as you move forward!