Heavy hitter 308 build!!!!

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by STANDARD, Mar 9, 2012.

1. STANDARD

STANDARD New Member

I currently have an M1ASOCOM2 with a VLTOR M1S-1E Modstock, HARRIS fixed Bipod, a few changes to the guts of the rifle and a 100 Rnd BETA C-MAG
    Im looking for suggestions on a sight. I am inclined to add that my build is a "End of the world, sh*t has hit the fan, zombie killer, Now your on my terf," kind of build. I am trying to find an optic that will allow me to "reach out and touch," but would also allow me to keep it personal "urban," wise.
    ANY IDEAS?????
    STANDARD

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

OK, you are looking for a scope in the 1-24X range. Which end do you want to compromise? 4-16X, 3-12X. Pick out some numbers. With the practical shooting range of the 308 in a shorter barrel and on man size targets with close range practicality, I think I would go with a 2-10X. Nikon Monarch 2.5-10X42 would be an example not necessarily a recommendation.

3. STANDARD

STANDARD New Member

So.... Thanks again for helping to narrow it down. I have settled with a scope. LEUPOLD VX R 1.25-4by20..... Look it up.. About 700 for the beauty.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

My next scope will be an acog from trijicon. Green inverted v.

I currently have a nikon african monarch an older 1-4x elpaso made weaver. two leupolds one is a vx7 the other a mk4. Also have a nice nightforce and a pair of vortex red dots.

The leupolds are decent but i would rather have spent the momey on a different scope

5. STANDARD

STANDARD New Member

That's you brother. All are amazing. But having Carried the MK14 through combat and supporting a LEUPOLD gave me confidence in the maker.