Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comps on carry guns? Listen a couple of years ago I would’ve been like “nope, I’m good”. Well then comes the Hellcat RDP, and from reading reviews, it was somewhat of a hit. Yes I know guys were putting comps on carry guns way before the Hellcat RDP came out, however this particular gun was straight from he factory like this. So I got to thinking to myself, “I should give it a try”. Then comes the research, for 2 weeks I looked extensively into different brands, designs, and models compatible with my P365 XL until I settled on one. That “one” was from Armory Craft and man they did not disappoint. Shot 115, 124, and 147 grain reliably, no tuning of the recoil assembly required.

Now some will say what about the length, well I’ve carried 5 inch barrel handguns for years so I’m turn that doesn’t bother me. Besides I’ve seen lights on pistols that add length and bulk to carry guns.

Is it necessary? Well depends on your preference, I for one noticed the difference of performance.

With that said I’m going to keep it attached. Call me crazy, but I like the look of it as well.

Oh and by the way after attaching I had to wait 24 hours for the blue loctite to set.

Goodnight guys, work in the am.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
Shoot it in the dark then buy ammo with low flash powder. Get better ear protection. Don't be surprised if the people in the adjoining lanes get mad at you.
I had to have eye surgery because the shooter in the next lane touched off a 300 win mag with a muzzle brake and I was wearing eye protection.

Reactions: Bigcat

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shoot it in the dark then buy ammo with low flash powder. Get better ear protection. Don't be surprised if the people in the adjoining lanes get mad at you.
I had to have eye surgery because the shooter in the next lane touched off a 300 win mag with a muzzle brake and I was wearing eye protection.
My family has land out in the county, I don’t go to ranges anymore, only went to the ranges when I lived out of town. That’s been years ago, buy poster boards and attached them to big hay bells or find scrap metal and create makeshift targets. The ranges are not for me.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Looks pretty good, and I am glad you like it! For myself, my plain Jane P365 is fine as is. It is reliable and accurate and easily carried/concealed. I like it a lot…just the way it is. But, I am glad you got your XL configured the way you want it. (y)

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
This x2.
Muzzle brakes are rarely installed on professional grade firearms for this reason.
When you are ever using it "for real" you may not have had time to wear eyepro.
or earpro.
Even a single defensive shot indoors without hearing protection may give you permanent hearing damage.

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
You are you and I am me. I would never do that to my small carry gun. I would buy a larger gun rather than expand on a nice small packaged gun like the 365. JMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts