Heads up!!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by BenLuby, Apr 18, 2012.

1. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Bravo Company just suspended taking orders on complete rifles until further notice due to backlog folks. If it's happening to them, you know full well others are going to soon be doing the same.

2. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Damn. Do you know if it's just complete rifles, or uppers too?

3. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

They still have uppers in stock, but they also have a lot of them listed as out of stock right now. No telling how long until this panic forces them to completely stop taking orders due to backlog.

4. PlaysWithZombies

That sucks, i was looking at their stuff and every upper i was interested in was listed out of stock. :sigh: at least i've got a good ak to grab if the proverbial crap should hit the fan before they've caught up lol

5. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I think I'd send them an email and see how long they'll be out of stock. While there are companies that I think are close in quality, if you're set on BCM, it may require a wait.

6. PlaysWithZombies

I may have to do that. I'm not really dead set on a BCM, but that's definitely what i would prefer

7. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Not necessarily true, BCM runs low on stock a lot and has suspended complete ARs and lower sales in the past. They have done so to keep up on contract orders. I remember waiting a month for a 14.5" LW upper, getting the "in stock" email, and the next morning they were out of stock again. When you produce one of the best values on the market this stuff happens. I would speculate they sell more uppers that complete ARs and it may just be a business decision. I'm sure some of the "end of the world" types are fueling the influx in sales but lets see what happens before we add to the fire. Who knows.

8. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I'm not talking about 'low on/out of stock' alerts, Mike. I've seen the 'low on stock' stuff.
    This is what I'm talking about:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Bravo-Company-Rifle-Carbine-M4-AR15-M16-s/140.htm

I'm sure they'll have them back in stock soon enough. I'm just talking about at the moment, they have taken the same tack as some of the other producers who've said they are suspending orders until they get caught up.

9. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

They also contract sales to .gov and LEO. They have suspended retail orders to retail customers in order to keep up w/ contract orders.

I'm just putting it out there as an alternative. Just speculating but they have done this in the past.

10. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I think we're agreeing about it but in different fashions.

11. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I don't think we ever disagreed.

I could see some reading your OP and thinking you were getting out the tinfoil. I just wanted to point out that BCM gets behind and has suspended retail orders to get caught up on contracts, even during non election years.

I wasn't questioning the fact they were suspending complete retail rifle sales.

12. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

If I am not mistaken, BCM may have suspended taking orders on complete rifles as recently as January of this year. Makes sense if you thnk about it, with so few parts suppliers trying to supply an overheated market all builders are experiencing parts shortages of some sort. Many distributors like Bud's, Impact, etc are also almost always out of stock on ARs and many popular handgun models...It's 2008 all over again.

Only good thing is that Gunbroker will be chock full of good, hardly used hardware next Spring.

13. X-mark

X-mark New Member

Just about all the manufacturers have major backlogs this year. Daniel Defense say they cannot guarantee new orders for uppers until 2013. Other manufacturers have 3 to 5 month lead times. Some have said they cannot give an ETA. You will see a slow trickle from existing orders getting filled for dealers and distributors.

14. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Just glad I did my build when I did. Prices have increased as well as lead times. Hopefully prices and supplies will be tolerable again soon.

15. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

^ Yeah, me too, i got lucky i got my upper from a friend though. I heard the wait time on an RRA upper is about 5 weeks

16. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Bingo!!! If you think it's bad now, just wait till Sep/Oct :eek:

17. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I have a sneaky suspicion that, after things calm, there will be some hellatiously good sales on AR's come next spring.

18. jasonlarue1013

jasonlarue1013 New Member

I agree with this!!!

19. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

That would be nice, might be just the right time to get to work on my custom AR10 ;)

20. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I noticed prices gone up for ST & Noveske too. Glad i bought my Noveske MK18 upper $100 cheaper than current price. What about BCM? Prices gone up?