Heads Up

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by NGIB, Feb 4, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Like many folks I buy a lot of stuff from them. Make sure you become a "member" as you'll get better pricing. I registered as a government employee but you can register as a "home gunsmith" and still get the savings. What prompted this post was the .460 Rowland thread. The member price is $262 while the retail price is $326 - join up folks.

I apologize for not posting this much sooner - I thought everyone already knew...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
  2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

cheesh, if only I had known.

Thanks for posting, Dave.

3. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

Is that so? I am going to sign up now because is a week or so, next paycheck, I am going to buy a ton of stuff from them for my 1911. Time for some TFO sights, stainless mag release, stainless ambi safety, and maybe even a compensator if I'm feeling froggy.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

If we see a barrel bushing compensator on your gun - we WILL revoke your man card and bunker pass...

5. Squirrel_Slayer

What are my other options? Swap out the barrel for a threaded barrel and thread a comp on there? Never gone this route, so I need some edumacation.

6. Squirrel_Slayer

Wilson Combat has a pretty cool looking bushing comp, have only seen it in blued though, and I was thinking stainless would be better. The pistol is all black right now, so I want to liven things up a bit wiith some stainless controls.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

.......why?

8. Squirrel_Slayer

Why not? It's not a carry gun, well, maybe I should inspect my leg holster to see if it will work with a comp on the gun, I do like to carry when I hike.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I would rather see a Magnaported 1911 than one with a compensator hanging off the end of it. Atleast then I have some confidence that someone with some skill has determined the correct "compensation" factor and it wasn't just for looks. :cool:

Having said that an all steel 1911 is the most marvelous handgun in the world, hands down, and is the perfect weight and balance for shooting 230 grainers down range. There is no need to mess with perfection. ;)

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

You were warned and folks have tried to steer you on the path. Go ahead and post the pix of the 1911 adorned with crap...

11. Squirrel_Slayer

I was just asking there cranky guy. After some consideration, and some research on installation, I don't think I am going to put one on. I handload for this pistol, and I'm not shooting super hot rounds, so it's just gonna be a waste of money. NGIB, I'm not gonna hanng a ton of crap on there. Sheesh.

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I think JD just answered the question I asked you.

13. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Good young grasshopper, good.

BTW, I have a ported 1911 (bought it that way) and I can't tell the difference when shooting it...

14. Squirrel_Slayer

Damn, now I that I am totally getting my game plan messed with, I'm ditching the stainless crap. TFO sights and a black ambi-safety. That's it. Then that pistol is done. Nothing else I wanna do to it except feed it a steady diet of ammo.

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Thanks for this info Dave!! :cool:

16. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Hey dave, since you get such a deal you want to buy a kit for me? I'll cover the freight to my place...

17. StanDJ77

StanDJ77 New Member

The gun shop told me to check into Brownells and i did but everything i was looking at was on back order