Headed for Raton New Mexico this weekend

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Steel_Talon, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

I'll be at the NRA Whittington Center this long weekend with
    Colonel RK Brown (SOF magazine) and some other old Army buddies. If by chance anyone of you are going? Give me a holler. Maybe we can meet up, I'll have plenty of cold beer.

2. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

You know Col. Brown? Dude,..I bow in supplication to your greatness. That's one Kick Azz ret. officer...I think I still have my #1 issue of SOF,..great reading for A Then young officer like myself to learn the real stuff that took place...

3. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

I've known the Col. since Jesus wore sandal's ;) (well almost)

He's on the Whittington Board of Directors and every time he attends a meeting a few of us gather with him to reminisce drink beer, eat red meat, shoot guns etc. Fun Times for now Old Dudes!!1

4. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Well made it back in one piece, 10 hour drive, did a lot of shooting guns and bullhockey. This weekend was the mega fund raiser for Whittington so it was a great atmosphere.

Colonel Brown signed (autographed) many of his book (his memoirs) he has led quite the interesting life. Gun in one hand camera in the other. I highly recommend that you read a copy. Especially for you older enlisted who knew of him and his magazine.

5. DrFootball

Hope I can order it in time before it sells out. He has been excerpting a few parts here and there in the magazine.

6. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

DR. No worries brother, I can send you a signed copy :) . Shoot me a PM if your interested.

7. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Pony Express inbound.....:)

8. DrFootball

Wow! You da Man Steel! Please let me know if your ever in Northern Az. I'd like to buy you lunch and a beverage.

9. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Dr. Glad it arrived.

Colonel is one solid Hombre', I'm fortunate to call him friend / "SIR"

When I make it up to your neck of our fair State I'll be sure to "pop smoke" for extraction to the local water hole.:)

10. DrFootball

Outstanding! PM soon,..pick up will be "Black"..;-)