He took the fifth and won on appeal.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by orangello, Mar 27, 2014.

1. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

He "stood his ground" in the legal sense and won. Good for him. I hope he had a nice big fat venison burger upon acquittal.

2. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Good to see the little man prevail.

3. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I think he was baiting that game warden, his intentions were bad, therefore his constitutional rights shouldn't have been exercised. He's making all deer hunters look bad.

4. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

Baiting or not he dose have the right to shut up when ever he wants. He should have just started by shutting up rather then ending by shutting up. No matter how guilty someone is they ALWAYS have the right to shut the heck up. Those rights are in the Bill of Rights for a reason and if someone undertakes the freezing of one right there is nothing to stop them from taking all of them.

I am also of the opinion that it is always open season on whatever critter stupidly chooses to come on to my property. If Bambi is on my land, in season or no, if I want to eat him I will blow his head off and the government shouldn't have a word to say about it. The only time the government should get involved is if I hurt another citizen by force or fraud, other then that they need to wander off into the woods and get lost.

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Green text means sarcasm. There are a few here who would actually say that about certain topics.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  6. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

Lol, okay. Missed that one. Though I was serious about eating Bambi if he wandered onto my property.

7. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

As I understand it if you have a hunting license in CA you have abrogated many of your rights, including your 4th Amendment rights.

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

A state can not take away your constitutional rights. Hunting license or not.

9. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

Lol, I don't see green text so I will assume (you know what they say about assum?) that you are serious. :D:eek:

My understanding of Original Intent about this subject is that a state statue can not override the Constitution as a requirement for issuance. Since then the Black Robe Gangsters have "Interpenetrated" the ever living snot out of the Constitution to get away with all manner of thuggery.

So now we have things like parolees having to sign wavers that give up their 4th and 5th Amendment Rights as condition of release. While I applaud the idea of being tough on criminals, it is not a good idea to treat a person who has a hunting licenses in the same manner you would a paroled rapist. I am not sure that the excuse that the game warden was just doing his job flies Constitutionally and if the guy showed up on my property here in AZ I would politely tell him to "Go get stuffed, and BTW, you're trespassing."

Hmm, I think I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.. I might be the teensiest bit grumpy. :eek:

10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Yes, I am serious. In California a game warden can inspect your freezer and if game meat is found you must provide tags for it. There have been some cases where this has resulted in prosecutions.
    Also, a couple of years ago there was a Cable TV show along the same lines as "Cops" that was being done in an area where I hunt occasionally (in and around Hollister, CA out to Panoche Valley and Tres Pinos) and my hunting buddies who live there said that the wardens were running roughshod all over the place with the TV crews and breaking through fences and gates onto private property in doing so. The landowners had no recourse in preventing it from happening. It never happened while I was there, but the older gal who owns the ranch I hunt said that they had come on her land a couple of times unannounced. She warned us that we were on our own if we didn't have tags, copper ammo (required there), side arms loaded with lead ammo, or anything that might even be misconstrued as not legal. She didn't care as far as she was concerned, but she said she couldn't help us if they did find us on her land. This old gal is not someone who takes any crap off of anybody.

11. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

You'd think that but they take away 2A rights all the time.

12. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

Wow, just WOW! Yet another reason to stay way from California. There is no way in hell I am letting any government official into my home without a warrant. So likely I would end up dead or in jail if I lived in CA.

How would they be able to tell the difference between the various meats. I have a big family and thus tend to buy in bulk then repackage items to suit my needs and instead of marking what each item is I use colored stickers in my own system (I have a case of 10000 stickers I needed to use up). I will repackage and mix various meats for some of my recipes and I make big batches of ingredients. I make a beef/chicken mix that goes in most of my Italian dishes and it takes a while to do properly. When frozen it all looks pretty much the same. So assuming I am still alive at this point how would the cops go about checking my freezer to tell what I have since again there is no way I would be talking to them without my lawyer on hand.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

from the article.

I think you have hit upon the issue that irked the well-heeled victim of state-level Constitutional rights abuse.

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Yeah, I'm not inclined to let any game warden inspect anything on my property either. I suspect that just would not end well. I was not even aware of it until my sons got their hunting licenses a couple of years ago. I might take the Hunter Safety Course again just for the entertainment if I can get VikingGal to take it too.

15. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Bummer.............

Here in La., a Game warden has more jurisdiction than a cop! And thier way of thinking from the day they leave school is that you are guilty untill provin innocent...............Thats a fact Jack.............