He’s no dumb dog

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jo da Plumbr, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

So I’m at the park with Roscoe this morning as usual. Cloudy, foggy and still very dark at 6:30am. Roscoe is up ahead chasing rabbits like always when suddenly he comes running back and falls into healing position on his own. I ask “what is it boy, a coyote”? That’s the only time I see him act like this. Further up through the gloom I see the fence at the end of the field. Walking back and forth along the fence is a small black goose. I look down at Roscoe wondering what’s your problem bud. He should have that goose in his mouth and bringing it to me for plucking. As I get closer Roscoe drops out of heal position at my side and is now directly behind me. I can’t believe this, my big tough dog scared of a little black goose. Its right about this time I realize that long black neck on this goose is actually the long black tail of a skunk, with the business end pointing our way.
    In my head I hear Roscoe saying “Don’t do it Dad”! “Been here before and this is where things go horribly wrong.”
    Needless to say we both made a hasty retreat.
    Twice now I’ve posted about Roscoe getting sprayed right in the Face. So I needed to let you all know that indeed the third time is the charm. And you can teach an old dog new tricks.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Roscoe is the man! ;)

3. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Old Dog new Tricks.........

Who's teaching who........ And by the way, don't mess around with geese that are nesting. They will put an ass whipping on you and your dog........:eek::)

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I had to learn about the striped black kitties too, long ago, but i still remember.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Apparently my old beagle wasn't so smart :eek: Not only did she get sprayed by skunks on what I believed was a continual basis but she had a habit of playing in the road - struck 3 times and lived through all of them. :eek:

Man I miss having a dog :(

6. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Roscoe saved ''Jo da Plumbr"

Jo da Plumbr: Sir, haha; I was venturing toward the worst. hahaha; ''excellent save'':)

7. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I had a German Shepherd that had a bad habit of killing skunks. She must have gotten sprayed 4 times. I used to buy tomato juice by the case and keep it on standby in the basement.

I would clean that dog and she was okay. First rainstorm she would get wet and the smell would come back. She didn't ever learn, I moved from a very rural area that she could run free, to a rural area where I only let her run when I was outside. No skunk hunting then.

8. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Bro, I think you owe him a fat cheeseburger for his efforts. Could of gone terribly bad for the both of you.

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

10. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Sounds like my lab "Menzies". One day he came home from an afternoon exploring with a black set of tyre marks running over his chest! We checked him over for soreness but he was just fine... Couldn't kill that dog with a stick :rolleyes:

11. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Roscoe is a pretty smart dog! Jo - you bringing him to El Paso this summer?

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Way to go Roscoe!!! Well done boy!

JD

13. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

That's the plan. After the way y'all spoiled him the last trip to Texas I'd have a tough time getting away without him.