"Hawkin' Stick"

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by CA357, Mar 11, 2011.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I was surfing around some knife websites and came across this "Hawkin' Stick" I thought it was an interesting idea. Sword canes are illegal in Kalifornia, but nobody said anything about tomahawks. ;)

What do you think?

Tops Knives Hoffman Hawkin' Stick with Leather Sheath

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Are Ice Axes legal???

[​IMG]

3. CA357

They're legal for their intended purpose. I dunno' if they're legal as walking sticks though. Probably need a sheath and a rubber cap on the spike.

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

That thing is pretty sweet and no doubt could inflict some major attitude adjustment with a 2 handed swing :cool:

As for legal in Commifornia ..... I highly doubt it :(

5. HunterMarksman338

HunterMarksman338 New Member

I think they are legal in California or at least the old man that I saw walking out of a store with this in hand doesn't know if it's legal or not. Bottom line is I bet people will still have this regardless, then learn the hard way to see if it's legal or not. I would love to have this for my grandpa, too bad he has already passed on.

6. CA357

I'm bumping this for more feedback.

7. HunterMarksman338

HunterMarksman338 New Member

Hey, CA357... seriously would cops give a real hard time if they saw an older gentleman walking about with this on them?

8. CA357

That's one of the things I'm wondering about. Sheathed and being partly obscured in hand it would probably not be too obvious.

Of course, I don't know how practical it would be. Getting the sheath off and then getting into ready mode seems like it would be so time consuming as to be dangerous.

9. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I'd say the hell with a sheath, your hand covers the business end. But an older person with physical limitations--even if those limitations are just age-related--would have to be pretty good to wield something like this effectively. Anybody who isn't in condition (or trained) for H2H should carry a firearm instead.

But it is another option.

10. Car54

Car54 New Member

Depending on the location and situation, this could be considered as carrying a dangerous weapon. Given the situation as an older gentleman walking in a residential area, the police might ask where he's going. Young adults/teens I think the questioning would be more intense. Possession in a mall area or where a lot of people have congregated, I would lean more to the dangerous weapon side of the issue.

11. Car54

Car54 New Member

Adding to the above, any attempt to hide it would IMO, make it a concealed weapon.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

First, i'm not sure the "sheath" would stop that point from doing some damage at full swing.

Second, legal or not, if my back/hip/leg gets to the point i need a cane, it will have a nice metal knob on top suitable for cracking a skull or two. A sand wedge with a good edge and steel shaft would also be acceptable. When i got picked up for armed robbery (wasn't me, dressed poorly) the officer specifically recommended a sand wedge over the dive knife i had on my belt. Then he gave me my knife back and offered me a ride to my house, nice officer.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  13. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

You all have given me an idea! Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  14. CA357

Brilliant!!! I love it! :D

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

There is a machete.

It's sheath is two sections of wood bound by plant fiber. You can swing it sheathed, the fiber splits on impact, the wood flies off, and you have a naked blade.

So.

Get it, form a case around the head with modeling clay. The clay dries, hardens, and stays put until it's choppin' time. One impact, clay comes off, and you're splitting helm.....:eek:

16. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I would simply tell them "Thank God you're here..........I'm looking for the Alp's"
    :p

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, as feeble and frail old man, this is what I carry through security checkpoints.

cane.jpg