Have You Ever Had to Draw Your Concealed Gun for Personal Protection?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Spider, May 20, 2011.

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Yes, and I've had to fire my gun

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. No

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. No, but I've had to think about doing so in a situation

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. Spider

Spider New Member

This is anonymous, of course, as the first thread I started on the subject should have been.

I'm just curious as to how often this happens in civilian life. It is something that would not often makes the news (and who trusts the news media anyway?).

So, a "yes" or "no" poll here might shed a bit of light. I have the feeling that the weapon is not even thought about much, let alone actually drawn and wielded on a hostile person; it's just too easy to get out of most of those situations with no gun needed. But, I could be wrong, thus the poll.

2. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I chose yes, but my answer may not be what you are looking for. I drew to aim at a rattlesnake near my daughter. She was able to slowly back away without exciting the snake, so no shots were fired.

3. Spider

Spider New Member

Yeah. Plus I didn't include action involving my old Fanner Fifty or any of my squirt guns.

4. WDB

WDB New Member

As a kid I pulled my nerf six shooter and took out my best friend..he was asking for it, he had one of those nerf rocket launchers and dam near hit me. I got him when he was reloading. :rolleyes:

So I answered Yes and had to fire my gun.:)