Have you ever had a gun stolen?

Discussion in 'Gun Safes' started by Hermantheleverfan, May 6, 2019.

1. donthav1

donthav1 Well-Known Member

My brother had his stainless 10" barrelled Ruger Mk. II along with a bass guitar stolen. A year later he found the bass in a pawn shop, police took it as evidence & didnt return it until another year passed & my brother demanded it be returned to him. The thief was never caught & the Ruger is still in the wind.

2. rock185

rock185 Active Member

Maser, FWIW I spent the biggest part of my working life in LE. We recovered all kinds of stolen firearms in all kinds of situations. Some stolen many years before, many states away,etc. We made every effort to reunite the recovered guns with the lawful owner. I know of no case where we attempted to charge the victim with a crime.....

3. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

Grandfather had his Colt .38 stolen way back. It was a shame as that is what he carried while delivering payroll on NYC docks during the depression.

During a move to/from Korea, Dad's pre-65 Win 70 30.06 was stolen. He got a replacement, but not as good (1967).

Later on, his Luger P1 (WW-II trophy) was stolen. Never got it back.

For me...no. Seldom leave the farm. Consequences for an intruder would be "uncomfortable".

4. Hermantheleverfan

Hermantheleverfan Well-Known Member

Their supposed to, I knew who stole it but nothing happened.

RJF22553 and SanchoPanza like this.
  5. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

You reported a felony, named the perpetrator, and the police refused to act? Time to call the state troopers. Or the county sheriff.

Hermantheleverfan likes this.
  6. Hermantheleverfan

Hermantheleverfan Well-Known Member

They Found no proof and I didn't care tbh. I hated that gun.

7. Gatekeeper60

Gatekeeper60 Member

Thats more the norm than you might think.