Have you ever had a gun stolen?

Discussion in 'Gun Safes' started by Hermantheleverfan, May 6, 2019.

1. Hermantheleverfan

Hermantheleverfan Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone here has ever had a firearm stolen. I have. When I lived in N.C, I owned an RG .22 revolver. I lived in off campus housing, it was more expensive, but on campus housing was gun free. Besides, I don't like the idea of virtual strangers living in the same place as me, I don't know if they're trained in firearm safety or if they're psycho. Besides, I like my privacy anyways. I left my house, all the doors and windows were locked, the pistol was in a small combination safe under my bed. The guns I inherited from my grandfather were mostly sold off. The ones I had kept were at my parents house thankfully. I came back to find my FRONT door picked, not busted or anything, but picked. Not much was missing, some stuff was scattered, but she was pretty neat for a home invader. Then again the only time I've ever been robbed so I don't know that for sure. The safe was stolen, nothing of value but I still reported the serial number. Never found the handgun. Not a big financial loss, but I feel guilty it may have been used in crimes since then. Do you have a story?

kfox75 and EclecticShooter like this.
  2. SanchoPanza

SanchoPanza Well-Known Member

Yes, Norinco SKS, some years back.

Filed Po lice report; never heard a peep.

Replaced it for $90, went on with life ...

3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't you feel violated? I know I do have some lowlife rifling through your stuff and taking what they want really chaps my hide!!!:mad:

Nope, I've been very lucky keeping my FA's safe and sound. I do cringe when I leave home without my EDC occasionally.:eek:

4. EclecticShooter

EclecticShooter Well-Known Member

Nope, because you never heard my name on the news in relation to a Death Wish-style vigilante killing spree.

5. SanchoPanza

I knew who stole it; Po Po did nothing...

6. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

Same here, a 41 Ruger Blackhawk bicentennial edition stolen by a family member. I don't want to talk about it.

7. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

This still makes my blood boil and will probably make anyone's reading this too so be warned!

Technically this wasn't a gun in my possession, but was a gun owned by my Great-Great Grandfather. I was only about 3 or 4 years old when I first saw it which was about the same time when he died. So what type of gun was it you ask? An ORIGINAL Colt SAA from the 1890s-1900s that his dad had given him. My Great-Great-Grandpa's wife had died quite a few years before her husband did and up until both of their deaths, their daughter took care of them. Years after their deaths, she herself had become quite elderly and had her leg cut off due to really bad arthritis. So, she could no longer take care of herself so she went to live the rest of her life with her youngest sister and her husband. So after she sold her house, she invited myself and a few other well trusted family members show up to help clean out the house. While cleaning the house we found the gun and I remembered it as soon as I saw it. Her and everyone else there cleaning out the house all agreed it was to be mine. So I put it back in it's wooden box and set it aside with some other things I wanted to keep. Lo and behold our family's official degenerate got word of a free handout for him so he waddled his 400+ lb. a$$ over and looked over everything like a vulture. Seriously, how does a meth addict stay that fat?! Anyways I didn't think much of him being there because everyone else and myself had our stuff set aside from the rest of the stuff that wasn't claimed yet. I wish I would have thought more about it because when I got home with my box of stuff, the wooden box that had the gun in it was empty.

I'll end it there because I'm getting my blood pressure up just typing this.

8. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

A High Standard 22 with a gorgeous walnut stock way back in the early 80s. I still look in pawn shops for it and I'd know it if I saw it. An S&W Model 15 38 special that I'd also know.

9. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Wait, so if its stolen do the po po help recover the firearm? Or once you report that your firearm is stolen, then what? Like how does the process work?

10. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

Personally I would NEVER report a stolen gun to the police simply because if the gun was then used in a crime and then recovered, I could get in trouble too.

11. SanchoPanza

^^^ Not in our STATE.

Reporting may keep from a long chat with the fbi...

12. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

But I mean if your gun was secured in a gun safe with a gun lock and ammo is also secured in a gun safe as well. So in that case you did your part to lock them securely and some how lets say it still does get stolen and used in a crime. And they trace the serial number back to you. I think you still can't exactly get in trouble because you did your part on securing it, not just leaving it loaded in your car on the front seat or on the kitchen table in wide open space you know.

13. SanchoPanza

Mine was unsecure AND loaded.

So tF what?

Gatekeeper60 likes this.
  14. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Yes a SW 22 A-1. And 60.00 too. I know who stole it. Didn't notice the gun was missing right away. So the police did nothing.

15. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Reason to report it. Is if it is used in a crime after stolen it wont be linked to you. 1st thing i i was told when i reported mine.

16. Gatekeeper60

Gatekeeper60 Member

Nope. But if one were it couldn't be traced back to me anyway. Quite,legally I might add.

17. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I have not had one stolen, but if I did I would be calling the cops monthly to see if they'd found it.

18. SanchoPanza

Fingerprints

Hermantheleverfan likes this.
  19. SanchoPanza

With Mr. Boo-bo still not giving a Shiite Moslem...

Oops, maybe in Alaska...

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  20. Gatekeeper60

Gatekeeper60 Member

By the time the robber handled it enough to get it to where he's going fingerprinting anyone but him would be impossible.

Its notoriously hard to lift a decent fingerprint.