Have you ever drop your guns??

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Glock17owner, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Glock17owner

Glock17owner New Member

Lmao I drop my glock twice but no damage to it. Matter of fact I drop most of my guns.

2. clem_

clem_ New Member

I hope they dont have a hair trigger and loaded.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I have a tendency to drop empty magazines. Don't think I've ever dropped a handgun. I've had my bp rifle fall over after being laid against a tree multiple times.

4. Glock17owner

Glock17owner New Member

Oh naw I don't do anything special to my guns. When I drop my glock, I was tryna use the ****ter lol. I was in uniform at shell gas station. If you unloose your belt while your gun is holster, pant fall straight down. So I set it on the tissue box and knock it off.

5. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

When I watch a western movie and the sheriff says to drop your weapons, the cowboys just toss their guns to the ground. I would never just toss my guns to the ground, but slowly ease them to the ground to avoid damage.

6. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Only once. Had taken my shower & ready for bed when I decided to go outside for a smoke. Slipped on some trousers, but no belt & just stuck it in my waistband. Hadn't no more than got out onto the concrete & it slipped out!:(

7. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Nope, never dropped a pistol. Except that one time putting my Kimber in the safe! Unloaded of course, not even a scratch on it.

8. Glock17owner

Glock17owner New Member

Me too on that note

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Dropped a hunting rifle before. Not so much dropped as it fell over when leaned against the tree.

10. Glock17owner

Glock17owner New Member

HAHAHA what if it would have went off and kill the deer for you?

11. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I know what you mean. How about in the movies when the guy puts his gun down and the other guy runs over and kicks it across the asphalt. That would make me so mad.

But I did drop my bursa thunder one time. It was in a cheap IWB holster and I had it in my hand unlocking the front door at a messed up angle. Had a bunch of other crap in my hand. The holster did not have a retention strap so when I turned the key it went upside down and took a hard fall on to the cement. Yes it was loaded and yes it did scare the hell out of me. For about 10sec I thought I got shot in the foot.

12. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Nope.
    Not yet anyway. I'm not French. :D
    I'm sure it will happen. I am getting older, you know.
    So far the worst was dropping a mag on the glass counter at my lgs. Caused a few jumps and major embarrasment. How the hell could I do that?

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yep. I've dropped a few. I think the cop dropped my 1911 the other night. The grip is chipped and there's a scuff in the park right near the muzzle. I iz pizzed.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yes, have dropped rifles shotguns, and handguns. Paid the penalty inflicted by my Drill Sgt when I dropped an M-14 once. Notice I said ONCE.

The worst "drop" I have seen? Not me, and not one of MY troops- thank God. Working with ROTC Cadets. Helicopter insertion for tactical exercise, Flying in UH-1's (Hueys) 4 bodies on each side, doors open. One of the youngsters lost his grip on an M-60 machinegun and dropped it from the aircraft IN FLIGHT- at about 1000 ft, and 110 knots.

Yes, it was located. Took 3 days.

15. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Was it still shootable?

I cannot ever remember dropping one of my guns. I basically treat them like they're glass (I'm a little OCD about them :D) so nothing has happened yet.

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

It was repairable.

17. texaswoodworker

Awesome!!!

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

I highly recommend you go ahead and sling one across a parking lot. It'll boost your trust in it. No, I'm not kidding. I thought the M16A2 I was issued felt so fragile...
    Then I watched a DI throw one from a third floor balcony out into a parking lot. HUGE confidence booster... A couple scuffs, that's it.

19. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I dropped my 642 yesterday. It was unloaded. I was figuring out how I wanted my pocket holster positioned and what not when it slipped out of my hand. No damage, I was standing on carpet, but I did feel bad about it.

20. texaswoodworker

I have no absolutely no doubt that all my guns would work after that, but I'm mostly OCD about the finish. :eek: I guess that comes from my woodworking experience. :D That's nice to know about the m16/ar-15 though. I knew they could take some abuse, but not THAT much.