Have you been asked to share your ammo?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by BlueTurf, Feb 21, 2013.

1. budman46

budman46 New Member

this reply to austin92 says it all.

2. kingrider

kingrider New Member

It wouldn't hurt to ask, it's a win win situation for both IMO. If I was setup to load in bulk like him I would be doing the same thing.

3. Dan308

Dan308 New Member

If your "friends" happen to have a good looking wife, ask if he wouldn't mind "sharing". then maybe he'll see your point. I do think the reload co-op is a good idea. It might help expand your reloading die collection. I load .40 for my brother and I don't even have one. But now I have the dies and shell plate for my Dillon in case I ever get one.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  4. therewolf

therewolf New Member

It always seems to me like the ones who advocate or justify

being unprepared or under-prepared the loudest

are the first to turn to the prepared for "sharing".

Are we, the prepared, also to shoulder the burden of

being prepared for those who openly ridicule us, until

a crisis arises ? I think not.

I once had a Californian try to justify to me that he

should be awarded my Navy pay indefinitely. I asserted that

if he deserved my pay, the D.O.D. would already be sending it

to him. BUT since they saw fit to give it directly to me, I was

going to opt to keep it.

The point is, some folks are nervy bastards.

5. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

My thoughts are as follows I will not loan one round to any one period. I have been very vocal about storing ammo long before Obama came along.All my friends have plenty of there own ammo and me may swap ammo in our own best interest.
    When Noah closed the doors on the ark that was it. I have been telling every one to can and store food as well and most people laugh at me.
    Thats fine if nothing happens I just have less trips to the grocery store in the future. If the inevitable inflation hits hard and food goes out of sight to bad for them.The door is shut period.
    If any want my ammo all they have to do is try and steel my food.They get one round and they better hope I hit a vital spot because I am not wasting a extra so they dont suffer.
    In any case they better be willing to hike three days into the woods to find me any way.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

I would just like to point out that BEAR meat is supposed to be nutritious and delicious when properly prepared, since you are out in the woods anyways. Gobble some grizzlies (or black or polar or whatever bears you can).

7. DRBogart

DRBogart New Member

My numbers come close to a few of those... Only my wife and I know exactly what and how much. I like to keep it that way.

8. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man Well-Known Member

Yes that is what I meant to say, I would only trade with friends.
    Here are a few links for 10mm.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000566&dir=18|829|892

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde.../hornady-hrndy-10mm-155gr-xtp-20rds-9122.html

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/23881

9. Groundhoghunter

Groundhoghunter New Member

I have I just sold 5 pounds of Reloader 15 and 8 pounds of N 133 for what I paid for it .I refuse to pay outrage prices and I will try to help a fellow shooters anyway that i can . Greed will get you no where . I see enough greed in this world to provent me from being a part .

10. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

A few people have tried to get me to sell some of my ammo cheap and one guy in particular was absolutely ridiculous about it. Okay, this situation is so absurd you might not believe it. This guy likes to go out in his boat and trap crayfish(crawdads) to sell to restaurants. He catches a lot of crayfish. He might bring back 100 pounds or more at one time. One day he was telling us he just bought a Remington 788 in .243 and would like to find a load that would work good in it. He knows I also have a 788 in .243 and asked if I reloaded. I explained that I had been reloading that cartridge for a long time and had worked up some really good loads. I would have been willing to share my reloading data with him but NO, he wanted more than that. He wanted some of my ammo. He went so far as to offer to trade crayfish for ammo. I think I might have offended him when I laughed a little when he made his offer. Recently I heard him complaining that ammo and reloading components are scarce. As far as I'm concerned him and others like him are on their own.

11. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I have made this offer to a few people. If they would buy the components I would load for them. I would even use my dies if I had them for the cartridge they wanted. I guess that wasn't easy or convenient enough for them.

12. kingrider

kingrider New Member

In that case, I would wish them luck finding Ammo for the next year or so lol. Can't help somebody who isn't willing to help themselves.

13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I can't find anyone to offer. Everyone around here reloads. Most have Dillons! :D:D

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Well, obviously you live in a good neighborhood!

15. indy36

indy36 New Member

Early on someone said this:

"a 1000 round case of Tulammo 7.62X39 go for $450."

$450???? I bought 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 from AIMsurplus for $209, shipped to my door. Can I do that today? No! But it wasn't that long ago and I can't bring myself to pay OVER double a mere 8 months later.

16. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man Well-Known Member

That is exactly what I've been saying, there is no way I'll pay that much for the same cheap ammo that I could have bought for half the price three months ago.

17. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Active Member

While at the indoor range last week a guy, unknown to me, asked if I could spare 20 rounds or so of .40 Cal.. Not to buy but to loan it to him. I just laughed and said, you must be kidding. I don't feel sorry for those people that live day to and don't prepare for the future.

18. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6xBaZ92uA

19. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I can see this happening. Recently I had a guy looking over at me to check out what I was shooting. He came over and asked what kind of .45ACP ammo I was using. By the way I could see he was looking at my ammo I could tell he was hoping I would offer to share it. I said nothing and kept shooting.