have a laughable question

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Ultimate_sig, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Before i ask i just want to make it clear i am only curious to know if it can be done

Now on to the question: can u use something intended for an airsoft on an ar. im going to get an acog, after some saving, but for now i found something very similar to what i want i like the look and feel of it. Its a 4x32 illuminator with red blue or green reticle. Im mounting to a custom ar, .223 5.56 nato. Will i have to zero in after every few hundred shots, it should be able to absorb the shock right. Its made by sniper and aim has a similar model heres some pics of it

AGK-SC-4X323CF-AG-1.jpg

ForumRunner_20120602_054426.jpg

ForumRunner_20120602_054458.jpg

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Probably not. Not designed for recoil of a real firearm. Even air rifles are different- THEY have an opposite recoil from a firearm. You can try it, do not be surprised if will not hold a zero.

You get what you pay for.

3. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

This is exactly correct. You get what you pay for. I would not use UTG or NcStar scopes or equipment on any of my rifles.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if you get a few shots before it fails from the recoil you would be lucky. scopes made for airsoft guns are not made for real firearms because of recoil. save your money and buy something made for a real firearm, not airsoft. check out Ebay for some good deals, or MidwayUSA.

5. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

My advice spend the time your saving for your optic by learning to use your iron sights

7. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

I like this advice. I also advocate then learning to shoot without any use of the sights.

8. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

My ar was a custom build n didnt,come with iron sights

9. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

you can buy them. I honestly prefer to use iron sights if I am shooting under 100 yards. I feel that I have more awareness to my surroundings when using iron sights.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

People keep saying it's not built for that kind of recoil, and really it's not. BUT, I see airsoft guns take a beating, and the little cheapo scopes still hold their 20 yards zero pretty darn well. Personally, depending on the price, I might would go ahead and try it out. But that's the risk I would take, knowing it may be a total bust and a loss of investment.

11. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

No the guy told me if i didnt like it ill get a total refund so its at least worth a shot or hundred lol. It looks pretty darn sturdy