Has anyone used the Mossberg Chainsaw pictured below?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by orlando_marquez, Jul 11, 2013.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Cool looking but stupid. No reason to fire from the hip in most situations.

2. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

image-791600421.jpg

Retarded. It has the most impractical use ever unless you want to paint it orange and put stihl on the side. It's not even useful as a breaching gun. After you breach the door you kick it in and I will be damned if I'm going to be the first one in firing from the hip.

3. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

Stihl should break into shotguns. That's pretty snazzy.

4. racer_x

racer_x New Member

lol I just might buy the stihl

That 30-30 they make belongs in the same class, abomination.

5. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

How much is the Harbor Freight Chicago Electric version? :p

6. orlando_marquez

orlando_marquez New Member

It looks more like a novelty item so I am surprised Mossberg put its name on it and into production. I saw one at Cabella's and wondered if anyone actually owned one. I don't see where its designed would be applicable.

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Looks like the perfect tool for foam heads and pumpkins. Storage in anything flat would be difficult.

8. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

I don't think it's Cali compliant. They probably think the breaching attachment is a flashhider.:D

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

A Federal LEO in Utah last year lost 3 fingers while firing one of these. The gun retreated from his grip allowing the muzzle blast to damage his hand.
    Placing your hand above and to the rear of a short barreled gun with significant recoil is foolish. :(

10. orlando_marquez

orlando_marquez New Member

Interesting... to say the least. Wish there was a video of his grip and stance.

11. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Legions of mall ninjas and zombie slayers love these things. The fact they put sh*t like this out is a major reason I refer to the company as Mossturd

12. rb522

rb522 New Member

Those strike me as more of a movie prop gun than a functional , practical weapon. I've held them at a LGS, and thought there is just no way that sound thinking went into such a cartoon. I wouldn't bother with it.

13. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

I most recently saw it on The Purge. The one where murder and all other crime is legal for 12 hours, once a year.

14. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I love Mossberg , but they lost their damn mind with this gimmick. Your supporting the weapon in the direction of the muzzle climb, really. I'm surprised nobody has blow their noggin off yet. I give it a thumbs down.

15. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

The gun is designed to blast hinges and locks off and that is all. Would probably work great for that but do any of you plan on blowing the hinges off a door. I know that sometimes women love to get mad and lock the bedroom door, but blowing the hinges off will land you in jail.

16. hq357

hq357 New Member

Hahaha this chainsaw is stupid! Id rather keep my regular mossberg that came with 2 barrels plain jane this is for like wannabe gangstas or people that think its cool or wanna show off in the dessert id be embarrassed bringing it to the gun range haha its more of a novelty, my friend had one and hated it he couldnt aim and he couldnt hunt he cant really do anything with it so he sold it an bought one like mine i think you should just buy the regular mossberg 500 i got mine for 367$ and it came with two barrels

image-3065795640.jpg

Fps russia dosent even use it!

17. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Gun makers have no problem selling firearms with lime green pistol grips and zombie faces on the receivers, so I doubt there is much shame in it.
    If your girlfriend accidentally locks the bathroom, they make a door breacher choke tube. Not knocking anyone who likes the pistol grips, but they can make for a sore wrist.